Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
InspecktahDeck
Average

Post by InspecktahDeck »

Last edited by InspecktahDeck on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Re: Replacing stock music files in UT99

Post by Aldebaran »

AFAIK you can't change music files loaded by maps without getting file mismatches when they are used on other servers too.
But why not simply turn off the UT99 music and hear your own music files with a music player parallel?
For that you can use programs like VLC, Winamp, Clementine and so on. I think many players do this nowadays...
You also can add UT99 music files to your playlist, VLC for example can play that music type.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Mismatch is there intentionally.

Just mute music in-game then use a program that play your musics instead... won't cause any more harm than mismatches.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I will ask a simple question because I'm stupid in evening time.

Why you don't take stock maps, drop them in Editor, do some fixes/changes, add whatever music without to match map's theme to look more dumber as possible, save it tagged with a different name - end of story ?

Why do we need a whole mountain of mismatches which will drive admins crazy ? :omfg:

I won't mention my personal reaction to a music out of map theme which I have to listen 3 months each time when that thing is being voted (by others). That's why at playing ON-Line I turn off map's music and I had in the past a MH2 game compilation able to silence completely any map, and I don't see any reason to download 100 MB of music which is not aiming my tastes. Who triggered me in such deal ? Almighty players... they were saying: Wait a bit, let me turn off this "awesome" music. So I was not the only one doing this thing.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I will ask a simple question because I'm stupid in evening time.

Why you don't take stock maps, drop them in Editor, do some fixes/changes, add whatever music without to match map's theme to look more dumber as possible, save it tagged with a different name - end of story ?

Why do we need a whole mountain of mismatches which will drive admins crazy ? :omfg:
^ THIS!
InspecktahDeck
Average

Post by InspecktahDeck »

Last edited by InspecktahDeck on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

UTAmp 180b

Code: Select all

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                UTAmp for UT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version: 1.8b <public beta>
Created: 09/13/2000
Updated: December 29, 2000
Author:  Brian Brunelle (a.k.a. zahlman)

What's New
----------
+ Redesigned UI
+ Playlist support: You can now add 100 of your favorite songs to a playlist and have them cycle at specified intervals.
+ Ability to use the default Map Music: Check the appropriate box in the UI and the music track assigned to the map will be played when the level loads.
+ 'Dynamic Music Learning': With the default map music enabled UTAmp will check to see if the song assigned to the map is currently in your list. If it is not then it will be added automatically! No need to manually edit the UTAmp.ini
+ Add new songs to your list from within UTAmp: You can now add songs to your master music list while running UT.
+ Master music list capacity increased to 300!

Known Issues
------------
- playlist disappears on systems...being looked into
- system pauses slghtly during gameplay when music changes
- selected track does not scroll into view in listbox
- newly added tracks only appear in list when UTAmp window is re-opened
- CD MUSIC SUPPORT IS NOT ENABLED

Description
-----------
A utility that allows you to select which UT music track (*.umx files). Additionally you can add your own music packages (*.umx) to the UTAmp.ini and play them as well. Your music selection will override the default music for the level you are playing on. You can change the music selection at anytime before or during a match.

Installation
------------
Double-click the UTAmp.umod file.

Files Included
--------------
UTAmp.txt   - this readme file
UTAmp.u     - the UnrealScript code
UTAmp.ini   - the UTAmp configuration file

How to Use
----------

Select the UTAmp option from the Mod Menu. 

In the 'Select source' box and select either the Digital Music or CD Music entry. (CD Music IS NOT ENABLED IN THIS VERSION!)

Digital Music
-------------
Double click the track name you wish to listen to. This will start playing the selected music track. You can listen to all the tracks in this manner as well as ones you have added to the list in the UTAmp.ini file.

Music Volume
------------
You may adjust the master volume level for the music by move the slider left to decrease or right to increase value.

Mute
----
Click the box to mute the volume level of the music playing. Click again to restore the volume level back to the original setting.

Enable Playlist
---------------
Checking this box will enable the use of the playlist and cycle the music at intervals specified in the PlayList selection window.

Edit Playlist button
--------------------
Clicking this button will open a dialog box containing the master playlist and your custom playlist. Double-click or drag a song from the master playlist (left) to add the song to your custom playlist (right). You may also change the order of the songs by dragging them up or down in the playlist window. Change the interval the songs cycle by moving the 'Music Cycle Time' slider left or right. The range of values are from 1 minute to 5 minutes. UTAmp will cycle to the next song in your playlist based upon this setting. All changes to your playlist are saved when you exit.

Adding New Songs
----------------

You may now add new songs to the master playlist from within UTAmp directly. No need to use a text editor to add new *.umx files to the Master List. Enter the name of the *.umx file with the .umx extension ( i.e. newSong.umx would be newSong) and then press the 'Add' button. Add up to 300 songs to the list!

To add custom digital music you need to first create a music package (*.umx) and make sure it is saved in the Music sub-directory. Make sure you name the package and music track the same name. (i.e. if you have a music track named MyMusic name the package MyMusic. The result is a file like this MyMusic.umx) You can also remove any of the included track names from the ini file. I just included the default music packages that ship with UT.

Bugs
----

??? =)

Please send all bug reports to zahlman@hotmail.com

History
-------
v1.8b

+ fixed playlist bug where list would get deleted
+ removed all CD music support
+ fixed mute bug where music voulme would return to user setting
+ added test for "." in new song filenames - properly formats name for list
+ cleaned up code

v1.7b (beta)

+ fixed playlist not cycling bug
+ increased master music list to 300
+ increased playlist to 100
+ updated Readme

v1.6b (beta)

+ fixed bug with using 'Default map music': playlist would not work if enabled
+ cleaned up code for changing music on map load

v1.1 - 1.5b (internal release only)

+ redesigned UI
+ added playlist support
+ added 'dynamic discovery' feature

v1.0

+ first public release!

Credits
-------

Brett 'mouse' Foster of Real Tournament for the code to rtTunes
Everyone at the UnrealScript Coding forum: http://www.egroups.com/group/unrealscript/info.html
Beta Testers
Ram2000 http://ram2000.hispeed.com/ut/Skins/news/index.htm
usaarthirtythree http://www.unreality.org/usaar33/

Legal Stuff
-----------

You CAN'T use any of the features of UTAmp with out my explicit consent. You may distribute this in any electronic form as long as you don't charge money for it.
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20041214 ... an6/UTAmp/
Attachments
utamp_180b_umod.zip
UTAmp 180b
(31.38 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
InspecktahDeck
Average

Post by InspecktahDeck »

Last edited by InspecktahDeck on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

InspecktahDeck wrote:With UT2004 it was easy enough, I just had to rename an .ogg file and I could replace the music I don't like that plays on Grendelkeep or Dria with something more upbeat or energetic.
UT2004 already has built-in music player by pressing F11. Load and play any music on any map. I hope you are making a backup before renaming the files.
InspecktahDeck
Average

Post by InspecktahDeck »