AlAudio driver

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

AlAudio driver

Post by XaNKoNII »

So in making a new DM map i reached the point of putting a custom music into it. Being somewhat new into leveldesign i had too look up ways to import music into unreal, found the "old" way of making a mp3>wav>ImpulseTracker>Umx wich i couldn´t quite get it working as it played 60 seconds but then it started from the beggining.
Frustrated that i couldn't get it working correctly, i tryed the "new way" using the new All audio driver and It does indeed work charm... BUT i noticed that when i use Unreal Tournament´s Default Driver the song simply won´t play :(

So my question is, will this happen to everyone else? Meaning that by using a custum song with the new driver it crosses the chance of the map being able to be used by servers?
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: AlAudio driver

Post by sektor2111 »

Any new format is not available for a default client. This "development" is pointless for Vanilla stages. UMX is the main format in here.

We can use other formats by only updating the client install - you cannot convince all of them to update their install because they don't read forum/s. Beside this... in some maps these awesome drivers are crashing clients :thudown: . I have a mod restoring Level music for new comers, all time new comer with super duper audio driver was crashing because mod was refreshing music and that UMX was crapped up, and newer drivers are in fact rushed and not sanitized at this point. Default Galaxy driver from UT for me was always fully operational, regarding to "turtuals" posted by a dude which was not testing everything to see if happiness has felt from heaven, because he don't play maps and mods which I'm playing, probably he is playing CTF-Face and DM-Deck16][ and nothing else...
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

Post by XaNKoNII »

So that means as a developer i should stick to the "old" way of doing it... converting to Wav > a modified Impulse Tracker file > UMX ?
Guess it´s time to learn how impulse Tracks really work, otherwise i won´t be able to overcome the Looping problem :(
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:03 am Default Galaxy driver from UT for me was always fully operational, [...]
I'm sorry to necropost, but I must add that Galaxy's implementation of the Impulse Tracker format is very limited. For instance, it doesn't even support the "Continue" option of an Instrument's on new/duplicate note (which is what all tracker musicians do generally), which is why tracks made for Unreal always use many channels to, for example, simulate echo, to avoid a note cutting off the previous one.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bad news for tracker musicians then. My music dev is muted because I have other devices playing what music I want and how I want (with or without a headset), and if I really want, in many maps I need to hear sounds and ambience, it's not like music it's helping over there.
The rest are just complains, UT has already GB of music demonstrating that community did not have issues in producing SPAM sounds and data for being downloaded and mismatches.