Cicada Voice Pack for UT?

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Cicada Voice Pack for UT?

Post by UTNerd24 »

So some of you may have heard of a mod called Real Tournament. It features a team called the Cicadas that have their own voicepack. However, Despite me fiddling around with the files, I couldn't get it to appear in the Player Setup voice menu. Anyone willing to help convert it? Thanks in advance to someone willing to take the time.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Cicada Voice Pack for UT?

Post by OjitroC »

It works fine - did you move the .u and .uax files to the correct directories? Have you made an .int file for it as there isn't one with the mod? If not, here's the one I made
rtVoices.int
(117 Bytes) Downloaded 82 times
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

Thank you for that! However, it seems a bit buggy with some Taunts missing. Not to worry, some day, when I get better knowledge of coding, I'll try to see if I can fix it myself. Eitherway, Thanks for the support. :tu:
Spoiler
Heheh... Buggy
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

It's quite easy to fix and doesn't require a knowledge of coding.

After looking at rtVoices.u in the Editor, I think there are 3 issues that account for the missing taunts
  • 1 The number of taunts is given as 31 when, in fact, there are only 29 taunt sounds. Solution = amend this to the correct number;
    2 There are two taunt abbreviations (Frackball? and Sandwich) for which there no corresponding sounds. Solution = delete these two abbreviations;
    3 There are three empty slots (numbers 5, 15 and 25) in the list of taunt sounds. Solution = the simplest solution is to insert three appropriate sounds from rtMaleCicada1.uax to fill these.
I've done this and, as far as I can tell, the VP now works fine with no missing taunts. I can post a more detailed methodology but basically open the .u file in the Actor browser in the Editor and edit the Default Properties by doing the deletions in 1 and 2 above. Then, for 3, open the .uax file in the Sound Browser and insert the sounds you want to use as taunts in slots 5, 15 and 25 in the list of taunts in the .u file (and insert the text of the relevant taunt in the TauntString list - you can, if you want, put an abbreviated version of this in the list of taunt abbreviations but this is not essential). Save the .u file and exit!