Making a VP

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!

Making a VP

Postby HOT_BEEF_INJECTION » Mon May 14, 2018 5:21 am

I am modelling a VP after a popular Youtuber. I have 102 .WAVs from this person and I'm deciding the final cut to be placed in the final version.

I specifically need to know how to replace specific UT VP 'team' commands with Sounds from my youtuber.

I wish to replace sounds such as (for CTF): Somebody Get Our Flag Back!

So that "Somebody get our flag back!" would be replaced by a specific quip from this youtuber.

There are commands that have dual usage: Such as "Take thier Flag!" for CTF, but when the same key is pressed playing Siege, the output becomes "Assault the Base!". I need to know how to replace the commands that have dual purpose as well...

The final thing I need to know is how to pick the 'Acknowledgement' sound when somebody picks the Voicepack in Preferences. Like Male1 "Roger" or Male2 "Roger".

How to do please? :)

The .WAVs are trimmed and ready to go. You wont be disappointed :P

Sorry cant spoil the result with revealing the youtuber just yet :) Let's just say this person provided a shit-load of funny samples :P
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION
Experienced

Re: Making a VP

Postby UnrealGGecko » Mon May 14, 2018 1:05 pm

I'd recommend following a tutorial for making a voicepack, here's one that I used before:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/191945 ... faqs/21602

Also you might want to trim down the wav files to around 80.

For orders, where you place the new files, make sure you put them exactly where the old ones were on the list, so say, assault the base was like #2 and hold this position is # 14, put the new sound files there and dont move them anywhere.
"NHL Rock The Rink" (PS1) announcer wrote:...And there are no stunt doubles in this game, folks!

My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, MaleOne+ & FemaleOne+ voicepacks (NEW!), DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack), my small spec of files at Google Drive

List of console converted maps, models & more!
UnrealGGecko
Site Staff

Personal rank: GEx

Postby SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} » Mon May 14, 2018 3:14 pm

I did some digging this morning and found an old tutorial that helped me when I began making voicepacks back in 2004. I will post a link asap.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Postby HOT_BEEF_INJECTION » Mon May 21, 2018 4:57 am

OK finally got a night off to work on it.

Thanks guys
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION
Experienced

Return to Sounds & Music