New Death Sounds

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
Post Reply
User avatar
BadCorps
Average
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:15 am
Personal rank: Unholy
Location: Toronto, Canada

New Death Sounds

Post by BadCorps » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:52 pm

I was wondering if there are any addition sounds that I can use for UT99. I''d like pretty much anything.

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: New Death Sounds

Post by OjitroC » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:19 pm

It's really just a question of looking around. Some UT99 voice packs have hit and death sounds and you can also extract the wav files from UT2k4 voice or sound packs. Some models for UT99 and UT2k4 come with 'built-in' sounds and you can extract and use these as well. Some other UE games are useful sources of sounds, especially WheelofTIme (the .aux files from this can be used directly in UT99).

Some mods/game types for UT99 also have their own sounds - you can download some and have a look. Also look through your own Sounds folder (using UEd or UTPT) as some sound files coming with maps may include death or other useful sounds - you may be surprised at what you already have.

Then just look around the net for sound clip sites - this one https://www.sounds-resource.com/ has a lot of sounds extracted from various games - basically you're looking for .wav files but be aware that some may be a bit buggy and odd things may happen now and again. There are lots of other sources as well, so just do a search.

A note of caution - if you are just going to use these for your own use offline then I think you're fine - otherwise read any readmes carefully and abide by the wishes of the voice pack/sounds creator and also have a look at the recent thread on MortalKombat models where there is a link to a site giving a clear indication of the attitude of the various game makers to the use of their intellectual property.


User avatar
rjmno1
Masterful
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:38 pm
Personal rank: masterfull

Re: New Death Sounds

Post by rjmno1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:54 pm

you can extracted the sounds from any unreal edition if you like you can export them to s3m and convert them to mp3 of you like.Within the unrealed music browser. :?
unreal tournament 99
®
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: New Death Sounds

Post by OjitroC » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:30 pm

UnrealGGecko wrote:Found a few :mrgreen:
Yes, forgot about that - The Cutting Room Floor is a good source of sounds as there are loads of games with unused sounds - quite a few from Half Life, for example, which could be of use in UT99.
rjmno1 wrote:you can extracted the sounds from any unreal edition if you like you can export them to s3m and convert them to mp3 of you like.Within the unrealed music browser. :?
The OP is looking for death sounds to be used, I assume, by Pawns (presumably players and bots, though maybe also scripted pawns). For these sounds to be imported by UEd (either into a .u file or a .uax file) they need to be in .wav format (UEd doesn't appear to recognise .ogg files and I assume, but haven't tried, that it won't recognise .mp3 either).

User avatar
BadCorps
Average
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:15 am
Personal rank: Unholy
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: New Death Sounds

Post by BadCorps » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:06 pm

OjitroC wrote:Some mods/game types for UT99 also have their own sounds - you can download some and have a look. Also look through your own Sounds folder (using UEd or UTPT) as some sound files coming with maps may include death or other useful sounds - you may be surprised at what you already have.

Then just look around the net for sound clip sites - this one https://www.sounds-resource.com/ has a lot of sounds extracted from various games - basically you're looking for .wav files but be aware that some may be a bit buggy and odd things may happen now and again. There are lots of other sources as well, so just do a search
How to use the sounds? How exactly do I implement them into the game (and please use moron friendly terms because I lack highly indepth knowledge of computer stuff, I can move files into folders and barely use UTPT).

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: New Death Sounds

Post by OjitroC » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm

BadCorps wrote: How to use the sounds? How exactly do I implement them into the game ...
Can you explain in a little more detail exactly what you want to use them for? I think I know but it's probably best if you say.

User avatar
BadCorps
Average
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:15 am
Personal rank: Unholy
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: New Death Sounds

Post by BadCorps » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:13 am

I just want to use them for offline play. I don't play online because my PC can't handle it

User avatar
esnesi
Adept
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:58 pm
Personal rank: on it!

Re: New Death Sounds

Post by esnesi » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:02 am

Now you got my attention.
Wat happens to your PC, when you go online?

User avatar
BadCorps
Average
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:15 am
Personal rank: Unholy
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: New Death Sounds

Post by BadCorps » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:17 am

iSenSe wrote:Wat happens to your PC, when you go online?
I get terrible lag and the game crashes a lot because my PC is old.

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: New Death Sounds

Post by OjitroC » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:50 pm

BadCorps wrote:I just want to use them for offline play. I don't play online because my PC can't handle it
So you want to use new death sounds, offline, for the Player and for the default bots (Male Commando/Soldier, etc) and possibly for non-default models as well?

To do this, you need to use the UT Editor to firstly create one or more new .uax files containing the new death sounds and then to assign these sounds by altering the current death sounds in the Botpack.u (for the Player and the default bots) and in any non-default model .u files that you use. This is not a difficult process but it will be somewhat time consuming.

Bear in mind that if you alter the Botpack file, you will not be able to play on-line in future (should you get a newer PC, for example) as you will be kicked by servers for having a modified file. You can work around this by having two installations of UT (one for on-line and one for off-line). It is also not good practice to alter default files like Botpack.u and so you should, in any case, make a backup of it and keep it in a folder that UT can not access. The same applies to any non-default models that you use.

If you want detailed instructions on how to do all this, I can provide them.

User avatar
rjmno1
Masterful
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:38 pm
Personal rank: masterfull

Re: New Death Sounds

Post by rjmno1 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:52 am

OjitroC wrote:
UnrealGGecko wrote:Found a few :mrgreen:
Yes, forgot about that - The Cutting Room Floor is a good source of sounds as there are loads of games with unused sounds - quite a few from Half Life, for example, which could be of use in UT99.
rjmno1 wrote:you can extracted the sounds from any unreal edition if you like you can export them to s3m and convert them to mp3 of you like.Within the unrealed music browser. :?
The OP is looking for death sounds to be used, I assume, by Pawns (presumably players and bots, though maybe also scripted pawns). For these sounds to be imported by UEd (either into a .u file or a .uax file) they need to be in .wav format (UEd doesn't appear to recognise .ogg files and I assume, but haven't tried, that it won't recognise .mp3 either).
The oog format sound files are compatible within ut 2004 i was thinking.
A few years ago i did help with a project from the beyound unreal forums and edited olmost 90 % of the files to a mp3 named file.
It was released on a torrent file, but its still illigal content and to long ago for seeding these files. :tu:
I canot find the file anymore, its lost forever i think.
So if you wanna have the files please contact the beyound unreal forums i,m sure someone having this torrent file, and still exist on the beyound unreal forums.
unreal tournament 99
®
Image
Image
ImageImage

Post Reply