Ogg for UT?

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
McFrag
Average

Ogg for UT?

Post by McFrag »

Hi All,
A friend has composed a really nice song for my latest map (DM-Castellum). The song is quite long with 6 minutes and converted into a umx from a 32 khz 16 it file results in a 36MB file...
On the one hand this file size is nowadays not really a show stopper but it is also not very convenient on the other hand as well.

I ve read that there is now also ogg support in Unreal and I tried to use it in UT as well. Unfortunately this appears not to be working for UT by default.
In this forum when I searched for ogg support I also found that apparently someone created a new audio renderer capable of handling ogg files (or ogg in UMX)
My question is is anyone using this?
And if yes, is there a possibility to find out with a script if a player has a compatible renderer installed and defined and then to automatically switch over to the better quality ogg music track?
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Ogg for UT?

Post by sektor2111 »

You cannot run OGG format in UT without adding new natives, those have to be installed by users - exactly like for EXU's mp3 tracks.
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

How you composed your song? Through which software you used for making songs? If you had that song's sample simply install OpenMPT mod creating tool. Then arrange the pattern using your samples it consumes less than 2 or 1 MB, ask to your friend for the samples
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, 36MB is rather big for a music file - I see I have over 2.5K .umx files and only 2 of those are over 36MB. It's not really an impediment to running the map locally but it might be more problematic to run it on a server.
McFrag
Average

Post by McFrag »

Deepu wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:11 pm How you composed your song? Through which software you used for making songs? If you had that song's sample simply install OpenMPT mod creating tool. Then arrange the pattern using your samples it consumes less than 2 or 1 MB, ask to your friend for the samples
I'm afraid the song is really just one sample with everything in it.

Do you know what settings he needs to set in order to get the song in stereo? At the moment it only consumes the place of a stereo file, but playback is in mono :(
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

Stereo right, that's easy process, I think, you said that song composed by your right? So where is the samples? UT does not support stereo samples spit into two files then attach the splitted sample to pattern, it will play as stereo, otherwise no worry for mono files put reverb or surround sound mode in patterns, send me the song file, let me analyse

Example is here:
Test.zip
(78.13 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
OpenMPT: https://openmpt.org/download_file.php?f ... up-x64.exe
McFrag
Average

Post by McFrag »

Deepu wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:26 am ..., send me the song file, let me analyse
That would be this, Its in stereo now.:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhO0_2oZHvVCg-g65m_ ... Q?e=ng5rA9
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

It's big one man, ask him to get samples