Ion Fury voicepack - Shelly "Bombshell" Harrison

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
The_CrY
Novice

Ion Fury voicepack - Shelly "Bombshell" Harrison

Post by The_CrY »

Spent the day making a UT99 voicepack out of the voicelines from Ion Fury's protagonist Shelly 'Bombshell' Harrison. If you haven't heard about that game yet, check it out. Build engine goodness.
Anyway, thought I'd share the result with anyone interested.
- 5 acknowledgements
- 3 friendly fires
- 4 names (well, sort of)
- all orders (kind of)
- all others
- 32 taunts

All we need now is a good Shelly skin for (probably) FCommando and she's complete.
Have fun with it! :)
Attachments
UT Voicepack - Shelly Bombshell Harrison (Ion Fury).zip
(4.89 MiB) Downloaded 86 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Ion Fury voicepack - Shelly "Bombshell" Harrison

Post by OjitroC »

That's good - always nice to see a new VP, especially a female VP :tu:
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

It's a fitting voice pack because Shelly's all about relentless a$$ kicking. Just replayed the game, such a fantastic retro styled shooter.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, great sounds :gj:

One odd thing - orders 10 (take their flag) and 11 (search and destroy) don't appear in the in-game voice menu - there's only the first five orders in the menu. Looking at the .u file, I can't see any reason why this should be the case (I tried the VP in 469b).
The_CrY
Novice

Post by The_CrY »

OjitroC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:45 pm (..)

One odd thing - orders 10 (take their flag) and 11 (search and destroy) don't appear in the in-game voice menu - there's only the first five orders in the menu. Looking at the .u file, I can't see any reason why this should be the case (I tried the VP in 469b).
Oh, that's strange. I haven't updated my UT to the new fan patches yet, but it works fine in 436. Could it be an issue with 469b? Admittedly, I'm not very up to speed on what changes in the new version.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The_CrY wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:59 pm
Oh, that's strange. I haven't updated my UT to the new fan patches yet, but it works fine in 436. Could it be an issue with 469b? Admittedly, I'm not very up to speed on what changes in the new version.
I've just tried it in 436 and those orders don't show in my in-game menu - just the first five ending at Freelance. However I've also just found that the same thing happens with other VPs in 469b as well.

I also tried the default Female2 voice in 436 and only the first five orders show up in the in-game voice menu - so may be it's a problem with the code?
The_CrY
Novice

Post by The_CrY »

OjitroC wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:14 am
The_CrY wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:59 pm
I've just tried it in 436 and those orders don't show in my in-game menu - just the first five ending at Freelance. However I've also just found that the same thing happens with other VPs in 469b as well.

I also tried the default Female2 voice in 436 and only the first five orders show up in the in-game voice menu - so may be it's a problem with the code?
In that case, it seems normal to me. Some game modes only support some orders. Assault has "Assault the base" and CTF has "Take flag", but others won't have them.
Can you verify if that is the issue?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The_CrY wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:54 pm In that case, it seems normal to me. Some game modes only support some orders. Assault has "Assault the base" and CTF has "Take flag", but others won't have them.
Can you verify if that is the issue?
You're right of course - it's me being stupid, I'd completely forgotten about that - apologies for the confusion :oops:
The_CrY
Novice

Post by The_CrY »

OjitroC wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:09 pm You're right of course - it's me being stupid, I'd completely forgotten about that - apologies for the confusion :oops:
No worries, better to double check :mrgreen:
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

Great! Thanks for sharing.