Need help with Voicepacks (corrupted files)

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
MLBlue
Novice

Need help with Voicepacks (corrupted files)

Post by MLBlue »

I didnt see any "Help" type sections, so i figured I would post my questions here. Downloaded some voicepacks for UT but the files have some issues and Im hoping some of you with some skills/knowhow could help me. I could email you the files if youd like.
First, I downloaded a voicepack to try it out to see what it sounded like but the umod itself seems corrupted. Was in a zip file, I tried double clicking on it but got:
"The module is incomplete -- probably due to incomplete or failed download

HistoryL UStetupDefinition::Init <- WFiler Wizard::WFilerWizard <- Setup"

I tried downloading it again but same luck. UMODTOOL gives me this message:

"CRC is wrong! Still load this module?" I press yes, and all the data looks like a big mess. You can find it at http://fpsnetwork.com/downloads/index.p ... ice+Packs/ if you want to check it out yourself. The file is called "ShadowVoice.zip" I tried emailing the guy who made it, but no luck. :(

Next voicepack was done by Syex who did some really nice UT voicepacks. Found this one at an Atomicgamer account that had some NaliCity files. http://www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=1408
The files name is chekov-sulu-ut1vce.zip. All the files can be extracted from the zip file, except for "chekovvce.u". Its supposed to be the voicepack for Chekov, the character from Star Trek. I tried extracting that file but message says "Compressed (zipped) Folder Error
Error reading the file" Trying to open it with WinRAR gives me "CRC failed in Chekovvce.u. The file is corrupt"
I tried recovering the damaged file with WinRAR which seemed to work but the file was still corrupt and made UT crash when i tried to select it. :( I tried contacting this guy too, but had no luck here either.

If anyone wants to take a wack at these files (or has better copies), let me know.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Need help with Voicepacks (corrupted files)

Post by papercoffee »

MLBlue wrote:I didnt see any "Help" type sections, so i figured I would post my questions here.
Uh.... You are right we don't have any sound/music related sub-forum ...hm.

For your question maybe some of our voice-pack Gurus can help you.

EDIT-------------------------------------
Thanks to Ferali we do now have one... :rock:
MLBlue
Novice

Re: Need help with Voicepacks (corrupted files)

Post by MLBlue »

Here is an update, I no longer need help with the Syex chekov-sulu-ut1vce.zip voicepack. I finally got a hold of the guy and he fixed and reuploaded the pack. You can find it here:
http://www.fileplanet.com/224948/220000 ... -voicepack