Gray Fox (MGS1) Voicepack available

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
MLBlue
Novice

Gray Fox (MGS1) Voicepack available

Post by MLBlue »

Hello, this is my first voicepack for UT99 Ive ever submitted after finishing. It has some minor text issues in the menus but all the audio is where I want it to be. I made it from converting youtube vids of scenes from Metal Gear Solid for PSX to mp3 and then to wav files. (Also converted some ripped audio to wav files as some quotes were hard to find.) I recorded in 16 bits Mono, 11025 Hz. (I tried to do it in 8 bits to reduce file size but I would get slight popping noises during the audio, should I try increasing the Hz?). These are lines from the cyber-ninja Gray Fox. Let me know what you think.
http://www.fileplanet.com/225050/downlo ... -Voicepack

Also, I recommend using it with the Gray Fox model I found here (I did not make the model):
http://www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=3523
(Scroll down to greyfox.zip)
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Gray Fox (MGS1) Voicepack available

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I'll check it out later. I'm not a big fan of MGS (I usually play Syphon Filter) but I get the feeling it's 1 great VP. :tu:

EDIT: Indeed it was a good voicepack. :gj:
MLBlue
Novice

Post by MLBlue »

GEx wrote:I'll check it out later. I'm not a big fan of MGS (I usually play Syphon Filter) but I get the feeling it's 1 great VP. :tu:

EDIT: Indeed it was a good voicepack. :gj:
Thanks a lot! I tested it out myself and theres no glitches or anything, but its sounds rather low, so to anyone using it, Id recommend turning the sound up and the music down to really hear it. (im not gonna re-do the pack, it was a practice pack and I think I had to recreate it 3 times, so Im sick of doing it again, lol.)

Im planning to do an Angry Video Game Nerd pack really soon, and this time I made sure I increased the volume as much as I could without it having distortion.
How many is the maximum you can have for Acknowledgements, Friendly Fires and Others you can have in a voicepack?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Check this thread:

http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3849

EDIT: Whoops... I wrote ''board'' instead of ''thread''. English fail for me. Thanks, Creavion.
Last edited by UnrealGGecko on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

I know this is not helpful at all now, but "board" is the whole thing here. What you mean is "thread" or "link", depending if you mean the "short cut" or the "destination" to the "other end" :tongue:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Pinguin
Novice
Personal rank: Voice Pack Penguin

Post by Pinguin »

Sorry for bumping this thread. Anyway, your voice pack is very nice. I don't usually a Metal Gear fan at all, but this VP is top-notch. :tu:

Here's a mirror through my Dropbox space:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/121794008/User ... yFoxVP.zip
Last edited by Pinguin on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Tux Android & Private Tux (UT2K4). Currently on hiatus. Doing making some new voice packs in unforeseeable future.

Tip me on Ko-fi (new!)
Super8ZX
Novice
Personal rank: X-Soldier

Post by Super8ZX »

Can somebody reupload this?