voice packs bugs ?

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

voice packs bugs ?

Post by UTPe »

Hi,
I built several voice packs in the past, Ithought to know all the magic about them, till now...
I've built a large voice pack with 110 sounds but when I tested it on local game I noticed a sound was not played and some others were not even included in the sound menu (displayed by pressing "V" key during game). The sounds are not corrupted and the workflow is the same used for previous voice packs.

Do you know or maybe did you hear something about UEd bugs related to the file size of the voice pack or to the overall number of sounds used in a voice pack ?
If some sounds are not included in the sound menu, I could think about a limit in the number of sounds that can be included in the vp but the "Default Properties" feature of the uscript class shows me that there are 112 free sound "slots" (16 AckSounds, 16 FFireSounds, 32 TauntSounds, 16 OrderSounds and 32 OtherSounds) for every voice pack, so the limit has not been reached. Really have no idea about the problem.

greetings,
Pietro
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Syex
Novice

Re: voice packs bugs ?

Post by Syex »

Can you upload the voicepack? I'll have a look at it if you want.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

@Syex welcome to the forums! Seems you resurrected a 5 year old thread, congrats! :ironic:

Seeing as there wasn't really an answer to this specific thread, well I didn't really try to cram a whole lot of sounds into sny voicepack, but I heard that a total of 80 is the limit. Might try to bust that myth as I'm gathering some samples on my new VP project that has a bunch of them :)
Syex
Novice

Post by Syex »

Hehe, yes it's been a long time since I've played ut99, felt nostalgic recently and started playing it again after many years. I haven't made any voicepacks for a long time. I made a few for UT3 some years back. I'm currently playing monster hunt and have found some new maps. Gotta love this game. 8)