overlength Music Files

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
Pizzi
Novice
Personal rank: Child of the Night

overlength Music Files

Post by Pizzi »

Hello everybody,

I got a Question about the Conversion of an overlength Music File.
I would like to set some longer Music in a Map, but the Modplug Tracker won't "cut" it at the right time.
The playtime of this File is 14:54 Minutes and of course I used a newer Version of the Modplug Tracker (the one you can set up to 1024 Rows), but the result is always cut to soon at the end. That means after 4 Minutes around it is already repeating in Game.
I have also tried it with some Ticks/Row changes (from 14 to 32) but however I had set it, it's not working in Game with the full length.
Maybe you have any idea how to solve this problem, or maybe you know another Tool like the Modplug Tracker which is able to handle overlength Files.

PS: I know this File will be quite huge.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: overlength Music Files

Post by Dr.Flay »

Have you followed my updated guide ?
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/b ... umx-format

*EDIT*
If you have no luck, you can send it to me.
Pizzi
Novice
Personal rank: Child of the Night

Re: overlength Music Files

Post by Pizzi »

I did it a way I know from an old Tutorial, of course there are more ways to convert a Music File to .umx, so I tested it the same way you wrote in your Guide as well now, but sadly with the same result :-(
What I had noticed while following your Tutorial, is, that you specify what to do with the Modplug Tracker if a File has a to long silence part at the end before it is repeating, but in my case it's the opposite, my Music is restarting to soon, before it reached the end of the File in Game.
I will send you the MP3 and the .umx File in PM, so you can test it, probably I had set something wrong in the Modplug Tracker...