RMusic Player Not working

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

RMusic Player Not working

Post by UTNerd24 »

Hey guys. Once again I must address another problem with FMod since I installed it...

When I use RMusic Player the game crashes, and because EXU2 uses a majority of RMusic Player, the mod itself can't run...

Any help?
Spoiler
I've been meaning to post this for some time, But I've been busy playing Cookie Clicker
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
UT99.org

Re: RMusic Player Not working

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I'd guess the problem is it's set up to use the default windows sound driver, and would be hard to edit when it's a DLL. The author could've used UScript to change the music, I would've thought. There should be another music player available that might work or you could make some changes to. It would have to override the default menu and map music, the latter of which is persistently trying to start itself on a timer if I remember correctly
Ozma777
Average

Post by Ozma777 »

Not sure if this will help on this issue, but I sometimes get no sound in Ued or in game.

My solution was to go open Ued. Do Viewports->close all. Then Viewports->configure->ok then click sounds and push play on one to see that it worked.

Then try the game.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:What he's talking about is a new music driver that has proven to work really well, and a music player that would use a dll file and run from the mod menu. It worked fine before he installed the new music driver and he's looking for an answer other than "Uninstall new music driver". He's either got compatibility issues with the older one or the new one is too much of an improvement to go back. Either way I'd like to hear. Or he's just curious as to why, in which case I've provided an answer :P
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Yes I discovered the newer build of FMOD (in the Oldunreal Beta) does not like it.
It needs to be rebuilt with the newer FMOD source.
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

It's Ok. I managed to fix it myself.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

UTNerd24 wrote:It's Ok. I managed to fix it myself.
Mind telling us the fix, so that some unlucky chap doesn't fall for the same trap (so to speak)? :|
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

Just switch your sound drivers around. Simple as that.
Ozma777
Average

Post by Ozma777 »

ah nice I was thinking of upgrading my experience with UT with Rmusic and I'm glad I got a guide as to how to make it work. thanks