Problem with "Female One/Two" sounds on Custom Models

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
Tobibrocki
Novice

Re: Problem with "Female One/Two" sounds on Custom Models

Post by Tobibrocki »

I see, that leaves the only other model having issues mine then, hmm...
I remember rigging the model with the female skeleton and choosing that as the skeleton used in the MilkShape3D .PSK exporter amongst typing in the class name I wanted for it and other things, so in theory it should've mapped it correctly to the correct voice files based on the skeleton choice. I mean it worked before, I even re-exported the model again yesterday to try if that solved anything but it wasn't the case. I'm currently at work so I cannot try something else, but I'm always open for possible suggestions. There has to be something with the model export, I mean even on a fresh install this stuff is happening. =/

Do you guys perhaps know of any other female model that uses skeletal animations that I could test? At least then I can really tell if or if it's not a problem with the skeletal system in general that causes the sounds to be like that.
rizbef
Experienced
Personal rank: castle maps hoarder

Post by rizbef »

I don't know if this has skeletal animation, but the model "Brew-Ella" has the same issue. I haven't played as that bot personally, but whenever she dies in the game, she yells like a man. I believe you can download it here http://www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=1456

It lists brewellav2, though I am not sure if this is the one I have :\ I downloaded it to check, but the readme doesn't list what was updated.
Tobibrocki
Novice

Post by Tobibrocki »

Thanks rizbef, I downloaded the model and put it in my UT folder. I think I can probably confirm it now, female models that are made with the skeletal animation system for UT have a voice bug. The model, either used as player model or bot, uses the Male One Sounds . Interesting enough though, when I take the Male One Sounds out of the UT Sounds folder, the model still makes the noises from Male One even when the soundpack isn't in the folder. This could be because the data is stored in the Ram of the computer, but I'm not to sure on that.

Probably the wrong topic to ask this, but is there a way to convert a Skeletal Animation Model to Vertex Animations (with MilkShape3D or in general)? Would be interesting to know if the Model would act normal when converted to Vertex. That would confirm it once and for all if it would behave normally and have the correct sounds.