Custom announcer messages?

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
Post Reply
Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Custom announcer messages?

Post by Pileyrei » Sat May 02, 2015 6:24 pm

Is it possible to create your own custom announcement using the unreal announcer voice?

:noidea
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9373
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by papercoffee » Sat May 02, 2015 9:23 pm

Pileyrei wrote:Is it possible to create your own custom announcement using the unreal announcer voice?

:noidea
Shouldn't this in the Sound section? :wink:

But to answer your question ...Yes it's possible.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5044&p=55018
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4812&p=50679

User avatar
MEAT
Skilled
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:14 am
Personal rank: better then you...
Contact:

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by MEAT » Sun May 03, 2015 1:18 am

I think what he meant to say was..."I am building this map and is it possible to create your own custom announcement using the unreal announcer voice"?
Image

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9373
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by papercoffee » Sun May 03, 2015 2:00 am

MEAT wrote:I think what he meant to say was..."I am building this map and is it possible to create your own custom announcement using the unreal announcer voice"?
Ok this makes more sense now ...but yes even this is possible. MyLevel a announcer mutator and it should work, right?

User avatar
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Posts: 2225
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Contact:

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by UnrealGGecko » Sun May 03, 2015 5:20 am

papercoffee wrote:
Pileyrei wrote:Is it possible to create your own custom announcement using the unreal announcer voice?

:noidea
Shouldn't this in the Sound section? :wink:

But to answer your question ...Yes it's possible.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5044&p=55018
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4812&p=50679
Done!

I remember a DM map that had a few quotes play at the start of the match. Can't remember the name, but the author of the map was 2face

EDIT: found the map, it's DM-Basik and can be found at mapraider.com (could've linked it, but pasting a link on this phone is a real chore)

Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by Pileyrei » Sun May 03, 2015 8:29 am

Thanks guys as always :tu:
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!

Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by Pileyrei » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:18 pm

UnrealGGecko wrote:
papercoffee wrote:
Pileyrei wrote:Is it possible to create your own custom announcement using the unreal announcer voice?

:noidea
Shouldn't this in the Sound section? :wink:

But to answer your question ...Yes it's possible.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5044&p=55018
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4812&p=50679
Done!

I remember a DM map that had a few quotes play at the start of the match. Can't remember the name, but the author of the map was 2face

EDIT: found the map, it's DM-Basik and can be found at mapraider.com (could've linked it, but pasting a link on this phone is a real chore)
Sorry for an old bump. I downloaded DM-Basik and the sounds that the author created are exactly what I'm after. I have emailed him but am not expecting a reply - plus it appears he speaks only Spanish.
Any idea how to create a custom UT99 sound? For example - "Lets do it" in the voice of the announcer?
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!

JackGriffin
Godlike
Posts: 3766
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by JackGriffin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:51 am

He didn't create those sounds. Those are ripped from UT2003/4. There's a shit ton of unused sounds like that in the default files. I'm honestly surprised many of them were never grabbed and put into maps. A few of them get really off-color and raw too.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
Posts: 4135
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by sektor2111 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:33 am

One of those unused which.. I used at MH2 was "TripleKill" never heard on a default DM.

User avatar
2_Face
Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:12 pm
Personal rank: 2_Face

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by 2_Face » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:07 am

Pileyrei wrote:
Sorry for an old bump. I downloaded DM-Basik and the sounds that the author created are exactly what I'm after. I have emailed him but am not expecting a reply - plus it appears he speaks only Spanish.
Any idea how to create a custom UT99 sound? For example - "Lets do it" in the voice of the announcer?
Who said Face doesn't speak English? :loool:
I already answered your mails, I haven't opened UEd2.0 since... don't know.. like 6 years and as JackGriffin said I didn't created those sounds I just exported them from UT2004 and imported them into ut99, I think you have to change the file format but I'm not sure. I've made some very complete tutorials about how to create/export/import custom files for ut99, back in the days, but as I mentioned via mail, the site I posted them (Gamers Mafia) went offline 4-5 years ago.
But I'm sure the more active mappers from ut99.org will help you with that. I remember that it wasn't much of a big deal anyway. And if you search long enough I'm sure you can even find apps that allows you to play almost any sound with ut announcer voice or quake announcer, robot, predator.. or very similar at least.
Nice to see the ut99 community is still active! :gj:
Well, enough with nostalgia gotta go back pretending I'm doing my job!

Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by Pileyrei » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:35 am

Excellent!

I emailed 2 face after getting his email from the readme of DM-Basik. The read me was in Spanish and so I wanted to avoid assuming he spoke English. Emailed him and he replied! The rest is history :)

Thanks for also posting here again and thanks to the other posters too.

If anyone has a link to other/unused sounds I'd be most grateful. Also, if anyone knows of any voice changer software that can match or come very close to the UT3 or UT99 announcer please also share. :tu:

Thanks
Piley
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!

JackGriffin
Godlike
Posts: 3766
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by JackGriffin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:55 pm

2_Face wrote: I didn't created those sounds I just exported them from UT2004 and imported them into ut99
It's amazing to me that you are one of the very few who have dug deeply into those. Well done, btw.

Pi, you can import 2K4 audio directly into UT99's editor. There's no black magic involved. Do you need the default audio packages? I can send them to you.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Custom announcer messages?

Post by Pileyrei » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Jack.....

If you could send me the default audio pack that would be amazing.
No rush buddy.

THANK YOU! :highfive:

EDITED: Medor sent me a link for 2k4 sounds so no need to send. Thank you for the offer :)
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!

Post Reply