Deck evening!

Discussions about Events and Tournaments
Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Deck evening!

Post by Pileyrei » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:02 am

Hi all

Hope I'm allowed to post this here?

Unreal Survivors are having an evening of Deck 16.
Just a few hours of fragging and fun. All welcome, even you pro's :tu:
ACE 10 finally installed!

Come join us Thursday 24 August from 20:00 UTC 00:00 (21:00 UTC +01:00) at the server below

173.199.74.175:7777

Greetings
Piley
Last edited by Pileyrei on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!

ShaiHulud
Adept
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:37 am

Re: Deck evening!

Post by ShaiHulud » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:57 am

Thanks Pileyrei, I've never developed an affinity for Deck, but it sounds like fun. Good job on getting ACE working too!

Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Deck evening!

Post by Pileyrei » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:11 am

ShaiHulud wrote:Thanks Pileyrei, I've never developed an affinity for Deck, but it sounds like fun. Good job on getting ACE working too!
It was serious pain with gameservers.com
In the end Medor sorted it for me :tu:

We aiming for Deck but perhaps the DM/CTF server as well if people get bored of Deck.

Cheers
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!

User avatar
makemeunreal
Masterful
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:34 pm
Personal rank: UNREAL

Re: Deck evening!

Post by makemeunreal » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:45 am

You should try cycling different versions of the map. So it really would be a "Deck night".
Count me in.
UNREAL

Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Deck evening!

Post by Pileyrei » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 pm

makemeunreal wrote:You should try cycling different versions of the map. So it really would be a "Deck night".
Count me in.
Funnily enough I've been thinking about that!
I need to go through the massive selection of Decks that was shared here and either create a small mapvote of cycle the best.

Might be an idea and thanks for the reminder.

Great that you can pop in :tu: :tu:
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!

nogardilaref
Masterful
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:00 pm
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Re: Deck evening!

Post by nogardilaref » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:38 pm

I will try to get in as well. Don't mind my poor normal weapons skills though, been playing way too much instagib lately and not that well at that. :lol2:

Next time, please post the time in UTC or GMT or another standard reference.
Having that said, I assume you meant that it will start at 8PM UTC, right?

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9406
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: Deck evening!

Post by papercoffee » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Ah poop, did I miss it?

User avatar
makemeunreal
Masterful
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:34 pm
Personal rank: UNREAL

Re: Deck evening!

Post by makemeunreal » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:57 pm

You didn't.
UNREAL

Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Deck evening!

Post by Pileyrei » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:19 pm

nogardilaref wrote:I will try to get in as well. Don't mind my poor normal weapons skills though, been playing way too much instagib lately and not that well at that. :lol2:

Next time, please post the time in UTC or GMT or another standard reference.
Having that said, I assume you meant that it will start at 8PM UTC, right?
Yes I agree about the time zone.
Its 8pm GMT (Although I see GMT is now UTC!)

I'm sure you will play better than me!

@papercoffee - coming tomorrow?

If this goes well I will look in to cycle different Deck versions :)
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1117
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: Deck evening!

Post by OjitroC » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:38 pm

Pileyrei wrote: Its 8pm GMT (Although I see GMT is now UTC!)
From what you said earlier, I think you mean 8pm BST which is 7pm GMT/UTC and 9pm CEST.

Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Deck evening!

Post by Pileyrei » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:02 pm

OjitroC wrote:
Pileyrei wrote: Its 8pm GMT (Although I see GMT is now UTC!)
From what you said earlier, I think you mean 8pm BST which is 7pm GMT/UTC and 9pm CEST.
I think you are right!
I'm confused with time zone names :oops:

I'm in the UK. My laptop says I'm in UTC +00:00.

So its 8pm UK time (BST?? UTC??) and 9pm to other European countries that are an hour ahead.

I hope that clarifies it :)

Thanks for the help! :tu:
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9406
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: Deck evening!

Post by papercoffee » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:05 pm

Can we use the 24 hours clock? When will it be now tomorrow 21:00 or 9:00 o'clock?
A nice server you have there Pileyrei. :tu:
But you need Food Fight on it... or else I'm just cannon-fodder :ironic:


I played too much FF in the last time. I'm not used to play with normal weapons lol.

User avatar
SilverSound
Adept
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:12 am
Personal rank: Curious
Location: St. Cloud, Florida

Re: Deck evening!

Post by SilverSound » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:51 am

I'd be down. Though you'd have to make sure ACE doesn't kick me for having the new renders. Sound and graphics.

Also I hope it's not too late at night. EST for me.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."

Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Deck evening!

Post by Pileyrei » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:11 am

papercoffee wrote:Can we use the 24 hours clock? When will it be now tomorrow 21:00 or 9:00 o'clock?
20:00 UTC tonight - Thursday 24 August!
So that's 21:00 in Germany for example.
papercoffee wrote:A nice server you have there Pileyrei. :tu: .
Thank you sir!
papercoffee wrote:But you need Food Fight on it... or else I'm just cannon-fodder :ironic:

I played too much FF in the last time. I'm not used to play with normal weapons lol.
When I had access to MPUK's 34 UT servers we had a food fight server :)
But I will look to rotate deck versions and include one with FF weapons :tu:
SilverSound wrote:I'd be down. Though you'd have to make sure ACE doesn't kick me for having the new renders. Sound and graphics.

Also I hope it's not too late at night. EST for me.
Hi silver sound

Its the latest version of ACE so hopefully all will be fine?
If you can send me the u and other package names I can add them to safe list in my ini.

Looking forward to some frags tonight all - thank you for showing interest in this :)
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9406
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: Deck evening!

Post by papercoffee » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:57 pm

Pileyrei wrote: When I had access to MPUK's 34 UT servers we had a food fight server :)
But I will look to rotate deck versions and include one with FF weapons :tu:
Isn't this bothersome for the player? To download a whole 30MB mod for just one map?
Oh ...you had a FF server running? why didn't you contact me? I could have promote it everywhere.

Post Reply