UT99.org EpicTown ShowDown - Get-Together Of The Century!

Discussions about Events and Tournaments
Shrimp
Adept

Re: UT99.org EpicTown ShowDown - Get-Together Of The Century!

Post by Shrimp »

I noticed that my crosshair has also gone back to it's pre-469 enormousness on this server which seems odd.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Shrimp wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:15 am I noticed that my crosshair has also gone back to it's pre-469 enormousness on this server which seems odd.
I find this kind of stuff is often attributable to NewNet, but even if it is NewNet, it's still worth it for maintaining a decent gameplay at higher pings.

And yeah, that's odd!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

UTPe wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:14 am this is a perfect map for xloc and modded rifles.
Or the portal gun
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Ah yes! Zoop...zoop...ha, behind you, 'foo!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I have been considering delaying this a little bit to Sunday, December 6th; this is so as to dodge appointments and holidays that may occur in the 5th, as well as giving a day of breather from the UT FFN that would happen right before. I am not quite sure yet; for that I would like your input! It might as well be fine just as is.

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

The day is coming, guys! If you're not ready yet then hurry! Just a friendly reminder :D

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:30 pm I have been considering delaying this a little bit to Sunday, December 6th; this is so as to dodge appointments and holidays that may occur in the 5th, as well as giving a day of breather from the UT FFN that would happen right before. I am not quite sure yet; for that I would like your input! It might as well be fine just as is.
Keep it.
For most of us it's evening anyway.
And most of the FFN players are not member of this forum.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Ah, alright. Yeah, the 5th is probably fine. I do not need to worry about it so much anymore, thank you! You have a point.

Weapon of Destruction
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

papercoffee wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:45 pm And most of the FFN players are not member of this forum.
Yeah, would be nice to see some more familiar names from here!
5th of December is ''Sinterklaas'' in the Netherlands.
I got an early fishing trip that day, i think i can join later in the evening!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:44 am
ExpEM wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:36 am Edit:
I also can't connect. Looks like something is Borking...
Spoiler
DevNet: Welcomed by server: LEVEL=DM-XC-EpicTownV2A LONE=0
Log: LoadMap: mouses.xyz/DM-XC-EpicTownV2A?Name=JustWatching?Class=MultiMesh.TSkaarj?team=1?skin=tskmskins.MekS?Face=tskmskins.Disconnect?Voice=MultiMesh.SkaarjVoice?OverrideClass=Botpack.CHSpectator
Log: XOpenGL: Flush
Log: XOpenGL: Setting VSync: On
Log: XOpenGL: SyncToDraw disabled
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Unloading: Package CityIntro
Log: Unloading: Package ArenaTex
Log: Unloading: Package NaliFX
Log: Unloading: Package ShaneSky
Log: Unloading: Package openingwave
Log: Unloading: Package Uttitle
Log: Unloading: Package TSkMSkins
Log: Unloading: Package utmenu23
Log: Garbage: objects: 35539->34007; refs: 1298958
Log: Bringing Level DM-XC-EpicTownV2A.MyLevel up for play (156)...
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport WindowsViewport0
ScriptLog: Team 1
ScriptLog: Login: JustWatching
ScriptLog: set multiskin TSkMSkins.Warr Dominator
ScriptLog: Warr Dominator TSkMSkins.
ScriptLog: set multiskin tskmskins.MekS tskmskins.Disconnect
ScriptLog: MekS Disconnect tskmskins. tskmskins.
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TSkaarj Entry.TSkaarj0
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level DM-XC-EpicTownV2A.MyLevel
Log: XOpenGL: Flush
Log: XOpenGL: Setting VSync: On
Log: XOpenGL: SyncToDraw disabled
ScriptLog: Ping Timeout from 212.129.59.81 Giving Up
Warning: Received invalid actor class
ScriptWarning: PureDOMHUD DM-XC-EpicTownV2A.PureDOMHUD0 (Function Botpack.ChallengeHUD.PostBeginPlay:006F) Accessed None 'Owner'
Log: Forged object: got Function Botpack.EnhancedRespawn.Explode.Tick, expecting Class Engine.Actor
That is starnge. Can you connect to other v469 servers? What UT version do you use? You don't need to update, v469 is supposed to be backwards compatible, especially with v436. Nonetheless I have linked your post to Anth, he might have more information on it soon.
I just recently came across this kind of issue 2 days ago with the Invalid actor class.
The only way you are gonna find out is to slowly remove 1 server actor(and it's corresponding packages if so) at a time and mutator until player with 469 client can join.
There is a mod conflict going on. Send your server files/ini to Anthrax or let him have admin access with FTP and such so he can find it lol.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Chamberly wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:44 pm The only way you are gonna find out is to slowly remove 1 server actor(and it's corresponding packages if so) at a time and mutator until player with 469 client can join.
The thing is, it works for me, and I use the v469 client too. So it can't be an issue in the v469 client. It did work for other people as well, and something tells me ExpEM has figured his own instance out on his own in the meantime anyway.

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

The day has come! If you're planning on joining the fun, then get ready!

Some playtesting matches will be performed in the hours leading up to the event. One hour before the main event, a sixty-minute "lobby match" will begin; the purpose of it is to let players join and have a warm-up match, getting used to their connection and the modified knockback, as well as things that might not affect the match that much, like Bad News 4 and Who Pushed Me. This warmup match will only have three bots.

After that, on 21:30 UTC, the main match will commence, with twenty-seven bots! And then the carnage begins...

Weapon of Destruction
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

bots ?
:-? :shock: :-|
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Yes. I reduced the number from 30 to 12, but any less and it'll just feel like an uncanny ghost town.

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

It already feels like a boring ghost town. 30 minutes in and I was the only one in the game, apart from 11 bots who never showed up anyway (apart from occasionally being stuck in teleporters, like wat), so I restarted the timer and left. I expect the ordeal to be over by 23:00 UTC.

Weapon of Destruction