GEx, do you still need a different format or did you get it open?
I also want to remind everyone that the completed maps need to be PM'd to one of the judges or myself by the 7th. That's in 8 days!! Judging WILL start the week of the 8th, so please don't be late submitting.
- Posts: 2293
- Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
- Personal rank: GEx the Gecko
- Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
BTW pie (since I can't open VM with this phone, I'll ask here) if I won't make it to the deadline, would I be a judge instead?
- Posts: 3234
- Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 pm
- Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist
- Location: Kernow, UK
DOCX is better suited to saving complex DTP style documents.
If you are making documentation, with no fancy extras like vector graphics, just stick to using the universal Rich Text Format (RTF).
It will open on any computer, OS, or word-processor made in the last 15-20 years.
You will also end up with a much smaller file, as the header of a DOCX file is often much bigger than the actual content.
- Posts: 9480
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
- Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
- Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
And you can also use fancy ASCII graphics... really I like them.Dr.Flay wrote: You will also end up with a much smaller file, as the header of a DOCX file is often much bigger than the actual content.
- Posts: 427
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:20 am
- Personal rank: XFIRE: mmmmtoasty
- Location: PA,USA
I don't have to much free timeAcid.OMG wrote:What happened to all of our ut99.org mappers? I am kind of disappointing that nobody participated. Doesn't make our community look good