First Annual VM RX CTF Mapping Contest (Rules & Info)

Discussions about Events and Tournaments
.:AE:.KiLLaH
Novice
Personal rank: RX Community Mapper

Re: First Annual VM RX CTF Mapping Contest (Rules & Info)

Post by .:AE:.KiLLaH »

That's too bad GenMoKai. I personally like your maps.
RocketX Community Mapper
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I knew something like this would happen (in the previous page), and we do have our eyes in this topic.
I was hopeful everything would be as peaceful as possible HERE at the very least, but I guess I still will need to say this, and I will say it only once and from there kicks and bans may start to get issued:
- this is a mapping contest sponsored by VM. Independently of what happened, any provocation or similar attitude is downright needless, and doesn't do any good to anyone.
Therefore, I would like to see this contest to go a smooth as possible, without interruptions of that sort.

The community is very well aware of the rather recent events involving all the parties mentioned (including me, more than what I would like), so there's no need to reiterate or attempt to start a conflict on it.

Thus from this point forward, I don't care who you are or come from, any provocation from either sides will be punished with temporary bans, which time will depend on the severity of the attitude and in the end such comments will be removed, rendering them useless, thus all WE (UT99.org) want to see in this topic are talks regarding only the contest itself, nothing more and nothing less.
That is all, you all have been warned, so just carry on.

Feel free to keep those conflicts in your own forums, but not bring them to this one please.

Thank you.
Acid.OMG
Adept
Personal rank: XFIRE: mmmmtoasty

Post by Acid.OMG »

Feralidragon wrote:I knew something like this would happen (in the previous page), and we do have our eyes in this topic.
I was hopeful everything would be as peaceful as possible HERE at the very least, but I guess I still will need to say this, and I will say it only once and from there kicks and bans may start to get issued:
- this is a mapping contest sponsored by VM. Independently of what happened, any provocation or similar attitude is downright needless, and doesn't do any good to anyone.
Therefore, I would like to see this contest to go a smooth as possible, without interruptions of that sort.

The community is very well aware of the rather recent events involving all the parties mentioned (including me, more than what I would like), so there's no need to reiterate or attempt to start a conflict on it.

Thus from this point forward, I don't care who you are or come from, any provocation from either sides will be punished with temporary bans, which time will depend on the severity of the attitude and in the end such comments will be removed, rendering them useless, thus all WE (UT99.org) want to see in this topic are talks regarding only the contest itself, nothing more and nothing less.
That is all, you all have been warned, so just carry on.

Feel free to keep those conflicts in your own forums, but not bring them to this one please.

Thank you.
:highfive:
[/Awesome]
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Edited my warning above (I put it on bold).
I guess some have a hard time to read. One was already banned, for just 1 day though, hopefully enough to understand. When I put that warning, I meant every word.

Next.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Small additive:
Evil is as evil does, and the same of it can be said about drama. Just because one member of a group or clan may turn out to have some seriously upsetting issues to many, that doesn't mean that everybody else associated with him are bad too. If ya gotta vent about the bad egg then do it somewhere else, not every single place the members of that person's team also happen to be. There's enough dreama queens in UT already, we don't need to start adding more.
Sorry, I was feeling colorful.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:Small additive:
Evil is as evil does, and the same of it can be said about drama. Just because one member of a group or clan may turn out to have some seriously upsetting issues to many, that doesn't mean that everybody else associated with him are bad too. If ya gotta vent about the bad egg then do it somewhere else, not every single place the members of that person's team also happen to be. There's enough dreama queens in UT already, we don't need to start adding more.
You are a goofball par excellence :wth:
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

EvilGrins wrote:Small additive:
Makes me... puke... rainbows... :ironic2:
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

.:AE:.KiLLaH wrote:That's too bad GenMoKai. I personally like your maps.
yo GenMoKai.. do you have any links to your work please bro.. I'd like to see your style..

also in reference to your last Q about what I was meaning about bot support and RX's.. hopefuly some day in the future..

Also KiLLaH.. have you got any samples as well ?..

cheers.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Wises wrote:
yo GenMoKai.. do you have any links to your work please bro.. I'd like to see your style..

also in reference to your last Q about what I was meaning about bot support and RX's.. hopefuly some day in the future..

cheers.
just search for the LowPoly Mappacks vol2 and vol3, there are 2 maps from me (DM-LP-Sacraficium and DM-LP-Sepulchrum) And also see our own community mappack (CTF-UTR-Rawash)

There are some more, but these are the most "recent" ones

And most people know my style... i use a lot of "cave" elements or at least ancient stuff
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

GenMoKai wrote: And most people know my style... i use a lot of "cave" elements or at least ancient stuff
We know our GenMoCave... :mrgreen:
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

GenMoKai wrote: just search for the LowPoly Mappacks vol2 and vol3, there are 2 maps from me (DM-LP-Sacraficium and DM-LP-Sepulchrum) And also see our own community mappack (CTF-UTR-Rawash)

There are some more, but these are the most "recent" ones

And most people know my style... i use a lot of "cave" elements or at least ancient stuff
would you and other mappers mind maybe uploading your maps individually into say mediafire.com or here (if size permits) something and make a thread in the Mapping Section displaying your works and providing download links to said sites above in the future?..

or is this not favored by the 'Mapping God's' lmfao.. to do so..?

just asking..

if it is a possibility .. then something like this would be awesome;
Spoiler
-=[ GenMoKai's | Map's ]=-

[quote="genmokai's - stock readme.txt]
... readme details copy/paste
[/quote]

[screenshot] screenshot] screenshot] screenshot] screenshot] screenshot] screenshot]

download.zip
download.zip
download.zip
download.zip
download.zip

Cheers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
something not really known to many veterans and mappers is the UT's inbuilt Shot cmd
if you bind to a key the following: set input <key> shot
and then load your map in UT and press ^said key.. it save's a .BMP (rather Large filesize)
to your .System folder... using free software like irfanview
you can then do a batch conversion (all files at once) into a smaller format ie; .jpg with max width
800px and then bulk upload to postimage.org which allows for the
insertion of multiple thumbnails into a post like this.

yeah :tu:

if not oh well no biggy.
Last edited by Wises on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.:AE:.KiLLaH
Novice
Personal rank: RX Community Mapper

Post by .:AE:.KiLLaH »

Wises wrote:

cheers.
You will find most of my public release maps on the VM Rx Server. They begin with CTF-([AE]) or CTF-([KH]) or CTF-([HoF]) and most recently CTF-=(V)=
Eventually, I'll make them all available on Map Raider. I have a few there now under 'KiLLaH'.
RocketX Community Mapper
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

nice :)

one thing we've all learn't is that you can never have enough backups of you work .. I have seen in these forums Maps that no0ne can find including the author for sake of Format.
and thinking .. that uploading to any particular site (singular) will probably not suffice for years to come.

therefore I say to anyone doing such things.. upload to 2-3 sites .. so that there is a backup for when the others go down.. tis all

and thanks.. I'll shall have a look when I get a chance.

by the looks of your Sig , I am thinking that you have some nice work
:tu:
pie
Novice

Post by pie »

Wises, if you're referring to the graphic part of her sig, I did that. If you're referring to the text, then yes, she is and has been a great community mapper. =-]
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

pie wrote:Wises, if you're referring to the graphic part of her sig, I did that. If you're referring to the text, then yes, she is and has been a great community mapper. =-]
very nice.. be cool to see some works :) when I get the chance
:gj: