Make of and import of custom meshes to UT

Lessons and tutorials about mods and maps
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: Make of and import of custom meshes to UT

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Can I specify animations from other meshes? Or put multiple animations in a single mesh?
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Gustavo6046 wrote:Can I specify animations from other meshes? Or put multiple animations in a single mesh?
You can do it with MilkShake.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:
Gustavo6046 wrote:Can I specify animations from other meshes? Or put multiple animations in a single mesh?
How?
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Gustavo6046 wrote:
PrinceOfFunky wrote:
How?
I never exported animations and never made before, but this vid could help you :)
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Wait. An example for Blender:
Keyframe 1 (0, start of Animation 1) - Animation 1 (say 60) - keyframe 2 (60) - Keyframe 3 (61, start of Animation 2) - Animation 2 (50) - Keyframe 4 (111)

But now the problem is I put it in UnrealTournament\GusPack\Classes\Skins\texture2.pcx but the compiler keep saying the texture don't exist!
UC code:

Code: Select all

class PlasmaCannon expands TournamentWeapon;

#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=PlasmaCannon ANIVFILE=MODELS\PlasmaCannon_a.3d DATAFILE=MODELS\PlasmaCannon_d.3d X=0 Y=0 Z=0
#exec MESH LODPARAMS MESH=PlasmaCannon STRENGTH=0.4
#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=PlasmaCannon X=0 Y=0 Z=0 PITCH=0 YAW=0 ROLL=0

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=PlasmaCannon SEQ=All STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=30
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=PlasmaCannon SEQ=Still STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=1 RATE=1.0
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=PlasmaCannon SEQ=Fire STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=30 RATE=2.0

#exec MESHMAP NEW MESHMAP=PlasmaCannon MESH=PlasmaCannon
#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=PlasmaCannon X=0.03 Y=0.03 Z=0.06

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=Jtex2 FILE=Skins\texture2.pcx GROUP=Skins LODSET=2 MIPS=OFF
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=PlasmaCannon NUM=1 TEXTURE=Jtex2

defaultproperties
{
    DrawType=DT_Mesh
    Mesh=PlasmaCannon
}

Weapon of Destruction
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

[quotePhoebe and i mighttavo6046"]Wait. An example for Blender:
Keyframe 1 (0, start of Animation 1) - AnimatioUnrealTournament\GusPack\Classes\Skins\texture2.pcx
1 (say 60) - keyframe 2 (60) - Keyframe 3 (61, start of Animation 2) - Animation 2 (50) - Keyframe 4 (111)

But now the problem is I put it in UnrealTournament\GusPack\Classes\Skins\texture2.pcx but the compiler keep saying the texture don't exist!
UC code:

Code: Select all

class PlasmaCannon expands TournamentWeapon;

#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=PlasmaCannon ANIVFILE=MODELS\PlasmaCannon_a.3d DATAFILE=MODELS\PlasmaCannon_d.3d X=0 Y=0 Z=0
#exec MESH LODPARAMS MESH=PlasmaCannon STRENGTH=0.4
#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=PlasmaCannon X=0 Y=0 Z=0 PITCH=0 YAW=0 ROLL=0

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=PlasmaCannon SEQ=All STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=30
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=PlasmaCannon SEQ=Still STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=1 RATE=1.0
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=PlasmaCannon SEQ=Fire STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=30 RATE=2.0

#exec MESHMAP NEW MESHMAP=PlasmaCannon MESH=PlasmaCannon
#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=PlasmaCannon X=0.03 Y=0.03 Z=0.06

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=Jtex2 FILE=Skins\texture2.pcx GROUP=Skins LODSET=2 MIPS=OFF
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=PlasmaCannon NUM=1 TEXTURE=Jtex2

defaultproperties
{
    DrawType=DT_Mesh
    Mesh=PlasmaCannon
}
[/quote]
Im on phone and i might not be awake at 6m cause I have 2 exams soon XD
but anyway if think you wrong the path, the textures have nothing to do with classes so the right path might be before Unreal Tournament/GusPack/Skins/texture2.pcs

I remembered having same problems with textures and file paths, if the problem persists, try writing the absolute path in the .uc
Plus I did it with Textures folder and not Skins folder.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Read the UC code. That didn't work and putting absolute path wouldn't let it work in other locations, it has to be included with my pack like any custom content I make.

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

btw. it's Milkshape not Milkshake.
http://www.milkshape3d.com/
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

When I export a model from Blender, it gets tiny on UEd and UT. How to fix this?
Please be quick because there is a Lesser Brute trying to get me!

Weapon of Destruction
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

papercoffee wrote:btw. it's Milkshape not Milkshake.
http://www.milkshape3d.com/
Yeah true XD
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Why are Blender models tiny in Unreal?

Weapon of Destruction
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Gustavo6046 wrote:When I export a model from Blender, it gets tiny on UEd and UT. How to fix this?
Please be quick because there is a Lesser Brute trying to get me!
I'm so sorry for your lesserbrute :(
Anyway, I had same problem, I actually fixed it on the default properties of the code containing the mesh, putting the dimension of the mesh on a bigger value.