7zip plugin for open/extract UMOD

External tools, software and sites for creating or editing UT99 resources.
f7r
Experienced

Re: 7-zip plugin for open UMOD

Post by f7r »

Buggie wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:33 pm ... take makefile from some other plugin which can be built on Linux and modify it.
I made few attempts and did not reach success.
It seems that the set of source programs of the 7z depends on the platform. :what: :? At least the sources of plugins that I have is very different from these and I could not figure it out. In fact, this simply indicates my incompetence.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Sorry, can not help. I just rewrite someone else template (fork on github).
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I thought it was built separately from 7-Zip. Oops.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Novaeon
Average

Re: 7zip plugin for open/extract UMOD

Post by Novaeon »

I got this working on Linux by installing the windows version (7z2301-x64) through bottles, made the Codecs folder in the installed path and dropped the DLLs. Now able to extract umods on Linux :)