Stranded! Fixed version.

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Stranded! Fixed version.

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

An old map, "Stranded!" now fixed up for "225" compatible versions. Read the Fix.txt file for changes/what was fixed. This wasn't runnable on modern unreal versions before. The messages are kind of painfuly terrible, but here ya go.

strandedfix

Update, look at Barbie's post for attachment.
Barbie wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:49 pm Updated version! The main change was to replace the chatty weapon "Govt1911" with another one, I chose AutoMag. The map runs on old Unreal and UT also.
Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.) on Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Stranded! Fixed version.

Post by Barbie »

I tried it with UT99, but the map is very laggy because of tons of log messages:
UnrealTournament.log wrote:ScriptWarning: Govt1911 Autoplay.Govt3 (Function Sbeta1.Govt1911.Tick:0010) Accessed None
Reason:

Code: Select all

class Govt1911 expands Weapon;
event Tick (float DeltaTime) {
  if ( Pawn(Owner).bFire == 0 ) {
    FireAllowed = True;
  }
  if ( AimedMode && (Pawn(Owner).bAltFire == 0) ) {
    ShootFromHip();
  }
}
So when the weapon is a pickup and therefore has no owner, error messages are logged.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Look, that was the first ever version of Serpentine for the original Unreal. It only contained one weapon, a beta. I went through the trouble of converting this file. I didn't check it for errors, it is a straight port. Try downloaded the original stranded.zip and see that you won't be able to open the sbeta1 file even on unreal 224.

I only fixed the map itself and wasn't aware of the errors from the colt weapon. I have no desire in fixing this now because of those errors. I don't make such code, if someone else wants to go ahead be my guest but I have my head full of fixing other problems.

This map was literally unrunnable at least since patch 221 of Unreal or so. Forgotten fucking map. Now it feels like I shouldn't have bothered at all.

Maybe the title "Fixed" is misleading and you expected perfection.....

EDIT: You know this is the second time in a row that I'm encountering old script with a similar tick problem, like back then they cared a fuck about containing their script from messing around, it's just wrong wrong FUCKINNNNN WRONNNNNGGG *NUCLEAR BLAST WITH ECHOING GORDON RAMSEY VOICE SAYING 'THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED'*

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

How about wrapping function and conforming package ? Does this causing a compatibility issue ?
As far as I remember I altered another packages used somewhere in a MeltTown map which was having dumb codes at those "monsters".
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Another option with low cost is to replace that weapon with another.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Fine, but as I said I'm not going to do that myself. You can release an alternate version or send it to me for release if you want. I only provided this thing from the past and fixed up the map itself a little. Nothing more nothing less. I'm working on a lot of other things that take priority.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Updated version! The main change was to replace the chatty weapon "Govt1911" with another one, I chose AutoMag. The map runs on old Unreal and UT also.
Attachments
StrandedFix2.7z
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Barbie wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:49 pm Updated version! The main change was to replace the chatty weapon "Govt1911" with another one, I chose AutoMag. The map runs on old Unreal and UT also.
Alright, updated first post with a quote to yours, people can follow the link for the attached file.
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

it''s been fixed for a while. Observe.

https://www.oldunreal.com/maps/serpentine/

Serp_SPStranded is the archive.

SBeta1 is a very old version of Serpentine so I just replaced the weapon with the one from final Serpentine. It's the closest thing to the original release, thus. Just make sure to run this with Serpentine release 8.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I didn't know about it probably due to it being in the serpentine section. Yes but I ported sbeta1 over for authentic experience, plus the new fixed version of barbie has it replaced with automag which suits it better. Plus there are misc fixes from me like readding sounds from 200 unreali(that are now in unrealshare - used for the destructible set pieces), the bots not being class bots anymore etc etc. Also Barbie fixed the default texture error. Btw I recently discovered a second more up to date version of Gramercy which has been forgotten about.
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

Better publish Gramercy in a separate topic.