JazzyBs "Project Xenome: Interloper" Release

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

JazzyBs "Project Xenome: Interloper" Release

Post by editor Dave »

Singleplayer fans rejoice! JazzyB has released the second of his three-episode pack of Project Xenome, subtitled "Interloper". There will be 15 new, cleverly built and seriously huge maps waiting for you to explore. It will be well worth you time, trust me. Here is the link to the original release thread: http://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?p=74294#p74294

Here are some pics for those who dont want to rely on the "editor Dave seal of approval":

10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Re: JazzyBs "Project Xenome: Interloper" Release

Post by Terraniux »

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! :thuup:
This member can only post when permitted.
UnrealJoe

Post by UnrealJoe »

This mappack solidifies JazzyB's position as a true Unreal Editor God. I'm not even half-way through the pack at it already beats the living hell out of ONP and Zephon, and easily rivals the best UT packs Xidia and 7B both included. Cobalt may be the BEST singleplayer map I've ever touched to date, but will require numerous playthroughs to possibly hold that top spot in my Unreal library. I cannot stress the fact that even though I'm only a fraction of the way through these levels I eagerly await the third chapter and as I finish up my degree in 3D Animation, would like to offer Jazzy my modeling and animation services although it would take some personal research to figure out how to translate into the Unreal Engine.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I'm totally diggin the HUD display.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:I'm totally diggin the HUD display.
You've never played Operation Na Pali?
editor Dave wrote:Singleplayer fans rejoice!
Thanks for letting us know. I love playing these. Should mention that Jazzy's style has a bit of 'half-life' in it and the ambiance is amazing. I played through the 1st part and now I there's more. Now if only the Chosen One and Firestorm got released...
UnrealJoe wrote:This mappack solidifies JazzyB's position as a true Unreal Editor God. I'm not even half-way through the pack at it already beats the living hell out of ONP and Zephon, and easily rivals the best UT packs Xidia and 7B both included.
Dunno about ONP but definitely Zephon. 7B along with ONP left a decent impression on me the 1st time i played them. This year has been nice with sp mappacks: UnrealHD and now this.
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

Slightly unrelated, but any idea why this branch of Campaigns is entitled (At least in the files) as "TV"?
And yeah, JazzyB has done phenomenal mapwork! Makes me wonder if he ever did Deathmatch Maps...
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

UTNerd24 wrote: Makes me wonder if he ever did Deathmatch Maps...
I know of at least one - called, unsurprisingly, DM-Xenome - it's on MapRaider.

-------Edit-----------
Make that two - there's also DM-JB-Corporation.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I loved to play the first part of Project Xenome and I'm curious about this new part. :tu:
I have noticed that some texture files from the new part have the same names as in the first part but they are different in size.
So it would be nice to know if both parts can be set up on a coop server and the files of part one can be overwritten without problems?
Perhaps they are conformed already. Otherwise we can only install one part at the same time?
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

First of all, I am surprised and happy to hear that here are quite a lot of people also interested in Singleplayer - keeps me motivated for my own stuff!
Aldebaran wrote: I have noticed that some texture files from the new part have the same names as in the first part but they are different in size.
So it would be nice to know if both parts can be set up on a coop server and the files of part one can be overwritten without problems?
Perhaps they are conformed already. Otherwise we can only install one part at the same time?
I am not sure about this issue. If you play SP with the old textures sets the missing textures are replaced with the grey bubbly default texture, but you could play the maps fine. However, I am no expert in online functionality, so I cannot predict if it would work the same way. Though, I do think that it will ask for the same version of the texture packs, wether you play Episode 1 or 2, and I suppose you may play Episode 1 with the newer versions since all old textures are present there as well. Well, you gotta try, if you wanna play Coop so badly. :ironic:

@SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}: You should definitely play Operation Na Pali, if you didnt just forget its HUD!
Old UT Veteran wrote:I love playing these. Should mention that Jazzy's style has a bit of 'half-life' in it and the ambiance is amazing.
Yeah, he lists his main influences as Half-Life, Doom, ONP, Xidia and 7Bullets and the latter ones will be especially noticable during the last five maps or so, which are really outstanding imo.
Old UT Veteran wrote: Now if only the Chosen One and Firestorm got released...
Dont forget about Residual Decay!
UnrealJoe wrote: I eagerly await the third chapter and as I finish up my degree in 3D Animation, would like to offer Jazzy my modeling and animation services although it would take some personal research to figure out how to translate into the Unreal Engine.

It would be cool if people helped out JazzyB so we can expect a more timely release of the third episode. I wonder, though, if he would want that, since he clearly has a vision that he wants to bring to life on his own. The planning and execution through one guys mind helps this pack to be extremely consistent and coherent.
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

Post by XaNKoNII »

Amazing! i love his light work and color schemes :shock:

How come i never knew about this guy?
I´m playing the first Map pack and only in level 2 i am amazeballs, and from what i heard it only gets better with each map!
I was going to make a heavy Half-life gameplay mechanic in my first SP maps but i can tell i´m not the only fan of the game :lol:

Thank you for posting this here :gj:
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

This does look incredibly interesting, great job. :tu:

It truly reminds me from ONP, which I played more than once in the past.
I don't think there are many modern games out there which can capture the atmospheric feel these kind of campaigns offer.