Unreal Beta 0.83 [CAMPAIGN] - Prisoner of Na Pali

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
makemeunreal
Masterful

Unreal Beta 0.83 [CAMPAIGN] - Prisoner of Na Pali

Post by makemeunreal »

Developers: makemeunreal & Vortex Convict

'bout 0.83:
Unreal 0.83 is the name for two Unreal prototypes compiled during October, 1996. Both prototypes comes from an archive of files for Emissary, an unreleased first person shooter that was going to be on the Unreal Engine. Both prototypes contain some resources from that game, but they will not be covered here because both versions of 0.83 are essentially Unreal prototypes with a few Emissary resources in the files for testing.
Note that this article will mostly refer to the 0.83 prototype compiled on October 3rd, 1996. Some parts, which will be mentioned, are based off of the October 18th, 1996 build.
Source: http://tcrf.net/Proto:Unreal/0.83_Prototypes
After months of developing...my project to recreate some segment's of the alpha's campaign began to take form.

Normally I didn't want it to release for public eyes, but I changed my mind.
I love Unreal, I love Epic's work. I think I won't cause any harm by releasing this:

-More info coming soon-

(Quoted from the old topics.)

You'll find a few pics under...

Here's a partially working flamegun: <3
Partially, since the beta has one with no code at all. Only the black mesh.

Concept arts by Vortex Convict:

Side note.
There is a laod of working maps, 3 new weapons includin' a flamethrower, machinegun, and a rocket launcher.
There was an Unreal Gold version of this maps somewhere...
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: Unreal Beta 0.83 [CAMPAIGN] - Prisoner of Na Pali

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

*has a heart attack*
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

This one is a bit interesting cuz it really is impossible to be played under UT. Such a shame I'm no longer able to contact Vortex Convict. :/
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Yes, this is very different and I do like you posting this, especially since it's lost. But what the heck why don't you release jupiter and all that? You at least have that stuff. I get part of where you're coming from, but really this is overkill. Personally speaking I don't mind there's so many threads, I mind there's nothing to download...
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Nope. Not lost. Not a bit!
I managed to recover everything from emails I sent with these stuff qs atachment. From facebook messages, pendrives, from friends who tested it.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

AAAAAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
nogardilaref
Masterful
Personal rank: ⚋⚊⚌☰⚞⌖⚟☰⚌⚊⚋

Post by nogardilaref »

Tons of topics about maps, none of them with a single download link, all spammed out in the same day that whole discussion in the CMC poll topic went down, and adding to all of this, he doesn't seem to do this anywhere else but here.

So I believe he's just trying to make some sort of point with all of this?
I don't know, so I will just sit back and enjoy the show, and just see where this whole thing goes.

I am just going to add that I do agree that such a high amount of topics should have download links accompanying at least most of them, otherwise this is all just mindless vaporware spam.
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

nogardilaref wrote: I don't know, so I will just sit back and enjoy the show, and just see where this whole thing goes.
Please do not do that. I mean all of you. You Nog, Admins, all users here on UT9.org.

I think I know what MME is going through, but not 100% entirely sure. Because me, had such a time too I admit that.

MME, lower your guard. Lower your defenses, and certainly lower your post-count-rate * ( is that english? )
My advice: Use your own map from the competition to relax, shutdown the computer for a while and checkout the SUN. ( if it's not cloudy? :what: )

MME, I'm replying out to you here as a friend and not as your enemy. Just stop, and do NOT rleave a reply on ALL OF THIS. . This is the Internet. Not the real life.
There is so much out there than thy WIFI or UTP/ STP cable going into your computer.

Lower it all, do not reply and take a BREATHER. And come back as you are as fine as flower :thuup:

Also check out this beauty!!!!

This member can only post when permitted.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Leo played this one
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Alright......

@makemeunreal, I'm not sure if you're doing this on purpose or not (seeing as in the chess map you were begging for a ban, I guess you are). Until you calm down a bit. Here's what I'll do:
1) Disable the ability to make new threads.
2) Merge ALL your map threads you made into 2 or 3: „makemeunreals UT maps” and „makemeunreals Unreal and SP maps”. (This might take a while though).
If you have any problems, PM me and I'm willing to talk this over, alright? I still don't really wanna ban ya, because you can be a great guy around here. The feedback you gave on some of the other contest maps was great. You make some pretty nice maps. This just has to stop, alright?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:I mind there's nothing to download...
Eh, when there's a contest, there are many topics and screenshots about maps, but no any download until the map is completly finished.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Lol the difference here being that this is not about contest maps. Of course in WIP threads or contest maps there's gotta be screenshots.
The difference is that these maps he's showing are finished and he claims they're "released".
*facepalm*
Also, this particular project is a special case and I don't think this one should be merged with the other Unreal map threads.
This is not a single map either. Another thing is Jupiter, that deserves special thread because it's a reimagining of the original cut Unreal map. But merge everything else as you please.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

I don't get it. These re maps/packs on their own.
I'll slowly form their threads with more shots, info.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

makemeunreal wrote:I don't get it. These re maps/packs on their own.
I'll slowly form their threads with more shots, info.
Read the House Rules ...no placeholder threads are allowed.
Post the download links and everything is ok.

You won't get any praise any more because people might think that you are mocking them. :wink: