Zenith?

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Zenith?

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I wonder why nobody talks about this project, it doesn't look bad, didn't have time to try it though.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/zenith
EDIT:
Delacroix's zip version.
viewtopic.php?p=124240#p124240
Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.) on Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Zenith?

Post by Chamberly »

I'll try it soon!
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Chamberly wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:15 am I'll try it soon!
Screenshots or it didn't happen!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

I'm rather not happy to see it's an .exe file... :barf:

So that meant I just set up a new UT folder from my CD and install it (Full version with XbpFX fix it mentioned) under that. So in order to set up a .zip file, it's gonna take a while because there is a lot of stuff in it and I can't remember all 'default' files. Also with an .exe means it'll overwrite anything without me allowing/disallowing it. Apparently Higor found a way just to install it on it's own folder. Smarty pant. :mrgreen: But I had to mention this because of file mismatch.

Looks like some of the music files are .ogg. And some of it's own OpenGLL and such but I'm missing glide2x.dll and metal.dll from my PC. Trying to set 32-bit on OpenGL crashes my PC.
Check out the renders it came with!
Check out the renders it came with!
(Notices the website use compression at a certain size on this post?)

Well another thing I found out that it doesn't have the gametype set up but instead it uses a mod menu for you to start it and play under from.
Zenith Mod menu
Zenith Mod menu
zenith mod menu.PNG (17.81 KiB) Viewed 1511 times
And the adventure beings...
Screenshot in game
Screenshot in game
I keep running into Read-Only permission issue. So I can't save the map. So a timeout for me to fix this issue then I'll restart the whole game and try again.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Chamberly wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:52 am Apparently Higor found a way just to install it on it's own folder. Smarty pant. :mrgreen: But I had to mention this because of file mismatch.
Just create a new folder (called whatever, Zenith?), put the .exe in it, run it and it will unzip/install the files into sub-folders in that folder. The files can then be moved, if necessary, to the appropriate UT folders at one's leisure. That's what I always do with .exe to avoid the overwriting problem, plus I can look at the new files with UTPT before 'installing'/using them.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:55 am
Chamberly wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:52 am Apparently Higor found a way just to install it on it's own folder. Smarty pant. :mrgreen: But I had to mention this because of file mismatch.
Just create a new folder (called whatever, Zenith?), put the .exe in it, run it and it will unzip/install the files into sub-folders in that folder. The files can then be moved, if necessary, to the appropriate UT folders at one's leisure. That's what I always do with .exe to avoid the overwriting problem, plus I can look at the new files with UTPT before 'installing'/using them.
Hmm, does UTPT load .exe files? Something I've not heard of and Higor was mentioning something about looking it in the umod extractor? I'm not sure if that even works. :shock:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Chamberly wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:16 pm Hmm, does UTPT load .exe files? Something I've not heard of ...
No, it doesn't - I meant I use it to look at the files 'installed'/extracted after running the .exe in a separate folder.

Zenith is certainly worth trying out - looks like a lot of effort went into it.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Ya. I'm hoping to play some 2 players in the game Tonight and take some screenshots.

Apparently I'm missing a file called Applehouse but some how it didn't request it for Higor. ???
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Chamberly wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:52 amI'm rather not happy to see it's an .exe file...
Read Only can be annoying, but on the other hand the most important aspect to me is can you port mods and weapons from this version into ut99?

From Team Orbit to UTTron to various other mods had a tendency to install themselves into separate directories, but you could move stuff out of those into the main UT ones so as to access them. That's how I got the mechs out of Team Orbit to put on my bots, that's how I got the Tron Deadly Discs weapons outta UTTron.

Plus, UTTron had monsters in it. Ever see the original movie back in the 80's? Those Grid Spiders will mess you up!

Can you take anything out of Zenith and move it into standard UT directories to use?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:23 am Can you take anything out of Zenith and move it into standard UT directories to use?
Yes - there are several things you might find interesting. Check out zenithpk0.u, zenithpk2.u and the taco u files in particular.
Last edited by OjitroC on Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

Post by XaNKoNII »

I played it but game play wise i think its terrible, at least my experience. I think its very original and has amazing asthetics but there are somethings in the gameplay design wise that just arent for me sorry, some people might enjoy it a lot actually i for one the best SP mod up so far is Project Xenome :rock:
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

@EvilGrins yeah you can take anything out of it and use it just for anything else in UT99. It works on UT99.
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

Very interesting. Gonna have to try it out soon.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

This mod can be recoded to work without the weird native packages in v469.
Would be a shame to let it go to waste.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Yea well there's so much that shouldn't go to waste. I still have some old 220 mods to convert too like the Fear mod.