Zenith?

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
darksonny
Adept

Re: Zenith?

Post by darksonny »

Higor wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:25 pm This mod can be recoded to work without the weird native packages in v469.
Would be a shame to let it go to waste.
do you think it could be played with v469? Let me say yes please sir
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I somehow learned about this mod when I searched for the UT-Teamfortress mod.
But I never got to install it because some of those weapons look too goofy for my taste.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

The main problems is that the installer comes with a bunch of outdated dll's that will simply nuke the v469 patch, as well as some raw .ogg files that are better off kept inside umx containers... and some obscure bugs that cause you to skip levels.
I just hope someone from the original dev team is still around, wouldn't like to release a repackaged version just like that.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I got a response from the team leader:
---------------------------------------

They can make a patch and add it to the files on the ModDB page but
there is no plan to release another full version installer.
--
E.B. de Cruz / xoleras
www.digitalserpent.com
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

I remember I ditched the mod playthrough the moment I got on the first vehicle level. The physics is just atrocious there. If someone were to make it easier to control, I'd love to return to the mod but as things are, I'm sorry but I have better things to play.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Well since the mod has to be updated we'll see if the updates might fix that issue too. Basically we have the permission to update this.
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

Add this to OP:

https://mega.nz/folder/9c0HjKKC#HHwywQ8vvkmNUId7cmCDvQ

This is the Zenith folder. Currently it's the last version 1.1.1. Zipped, no installer.

I can host both any patches you guys come up with for it, as well as a full archive after everything is done.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

:tu: Great, that was actually on my mind because I dislike the installer versions of many mods.

Are you reading my mind? :loool:
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

No, I'm just fed up with the installer bullshit myself. Even UMods. Too much burden for the registry and then there's various shortcuts and other crap. I like my computers fairly clean nowadays. Plus, in case files are repeating, I need a degree of control over what I replace. That, and Chamberly above also complained about the executable earlier.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Yes that's true.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

You were right about the vehicles btw, there are many issues including when quicksaving and loading, when I did it multiple times on map 4 the loaded save crashed with server is already at capacity. lol
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Delacroix wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:44 pm I like my computers fairly clean nowadays.
'Registry' is just a pretty way of saying 'super secret system config file'. Clean computers that use Windows?... tell me more about it, I've never seen this kind of specimen before!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

You don't need to add up to the mess and make it more unstable especially if you're running older stuff.

Either way my thoughts on this mod: Really nice ideas, a blade-runner like feeling to everything, the negative aspects are indeed bugs or timing issues, like the conversations could have been timed better and unlike specialevent messages this doesn't print to the console so you can't re-read it..

Map4 was a bit confusing because this map can lead you in loops and have you end up at start at multiple points. You need to branch off at the top most floor by going to the "center" highway and forget about the fighting with the jets etc. The way out is through the big tunnel.
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:03 pm
Delacroix wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:44 pm I like my computers fairly clean nowadays.
'Registry' is just a pretty way of saying 'super secret system config file'. Clean computers that use Windows?... tell me more about it, I've never seen this kind of specimen before!
No, "registry" is saying "registry", not some "super secret" thingamajig. Unless on your computer you don't have admin privileges and thus can't launch regedit.

No need to mock me. Unless you're trying to do that on purpose.

Anyway, yeah, I'd rather avoid needless shortcuts, uninstaller registry entries and potential replacing of packages without control. Zenith may or may not replace stuff without one's knowledge. Like WOTsounds.uax or the DS9 textures or UTtech4 of which there are several versions in existence for instance. No need to accidentally overwrite a better package.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Not to mention upak.u, umsspacemarine.u and so on.