Unreal 2 Alpha conversion maps

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: Unreal 2 Alpha conversion maps

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Look, the seagoat classes in the packages (excluding the one in the actual map because that's myleveled version) were just straight conversions with some functions removed/commented that didn't work on the normal ut engine. So thus the atlantis one can crash the game, I warned about it, this is why I have one myleveled there that is just based directly on nalirabbit script.
However it looks like the plain seagoat is unkillable also on the regular alpha this is not a conversion problem.
I thought maybe I introduced it as a bug but no. The one in the atlantis map is unkillable unless you deal it with a lot of damage at one go, but it doesn't have health as such anyway (and so doesn't nalirabbit, but it requires tiny amount of damage to gib it).

EDIT: If one seagoat doesn't crash the game and the other one does I guess the script from the other one could be reused. Its just I also experiment with renaming some states during converting and I guess for one it worked and for the other not.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:30 am
EvilGrins wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:09 amSeaGoats cannot be killed!
The question then is whether they can cause you damage?
Not sure how, they don't appear to have any attacks... although I haven't tried messing with its attitude as yet.
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:18 pmHowever it looks like the plain seagoat is unkillable also on the regular alpha this is not a conversion problem.
Oh, I'm not complaining. Monsters that are hard to kill are kinda my thing. I love them!

Unkillable monsters are rare, counting this seagoat I really only know of 2 now.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I think these ones will not be attacking the player but I havem't messed with it much either. The release unreal 2 seagoat can attack the player though the non atlantis version...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:03 pmI think these ones will not be attacking the player...
Not at all... but they do follow them around obsessively.

In team games (CTF, DOM, etc) Red Team cannot see monsters for some reason, so the seagoats follow Red Team around until they can immobilize them.

Whereas the Blue Team obsessively tries to kill the seagoats.
Attachments
Shot0109.png
Shot0133.png
Shot0133.png (222.6 KiB) Viewed 619 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:35 am Not at all... but they do follow them around obsessively.
Do they do that if their Attitude is set to FearCock or Dislike? With both of those they should try to run away or evade players/bots if approached.

I think they don't do damage because there's no code for a MeleeAttack (though there are Attack animations) - and they don't take damage because there's nothing in the code for them to take damage though they will spurt blood when hit - but I may be wrong about both of those.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

They do that as their default attitude setting, which I'm assuming "fearcock" (scared rooster?) is.

Not being killable, I tested them on CTF-CivilWarIII after Nelsona pathed it. Scattered 12 of them over all parts of that massive map, when a curious thing happened. As soon as the game started, they all turned towards the center of the map and ran (in adorable fashion) that way. There's a mountain in the middle, so they ran up there.

However, as soon as bots got to the same area, the seagoats started following them.

I replaced the seagoats with hubcats, which also turned to center and ran up that hill... so maybe it's more of something having to do with the pathing? But that still wouldn't explain why seagoats started chasing bots.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I see you discovered my replacement fear state name, LOL.

I had to replace the names at some point during testing/conversion because there were some conflicts with the state names and the stuff wouldn't compile on regular UT (they made a ton of little changes to the engine on the u2 alpha despite being based on the ut engine).

I almost burst out laughing when you started to talk about fearcock now.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:36 pm They do that as their default attitude setting, which I'm assuming "fearcock" (scared rooster?) is.

I replaced the seagoats with hubcats, which also turned to center and ran up that hill... so maybe it's more of something having to do with the pathing? But that still wouldn't explain why seagoats started chasing bots.
I think their default attitude is Like (at least that's what the code suggests to me) and I'm not sure whether changing it to anything else has any effect.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Just as before...
EvilGrins wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:53 pmUnkillable monsters are rare, counting this seagoat I really only know of 2 now.
...papercoffee's MH upgrade to =Food Fight= can kill any unkillable monster.

Poor widdle seagoat.
Attachments
Shot0092.png