Steele Dawn

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Leo(T.C.K.)
Masterful

Re: Steele Dawn

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:49 pm

It was always intended originally to be switchable between one and two mags. Just like it was in avp gold etc with the pistols.

It was only in later UT developement when this was broken. The original ospdoublemag mod by greenmarine, which was then merged into early botpack when it was an expansion pack, had always two mags switch feature. It then somehow became normal since UT release that you'd have always all the time the two mags.

As for QACannon it was always intended to be a bit unpredictable. In fact one can argue it was worse in the original. It wasn't a homing projectile at all, I find this description rather sad, it was more of a drunken missile thing.
I'm in grave IRL trouble, please donate:

https://ko-fi.com/supportleotck41959

Leo(T.C.K.)
Masterful

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:13 am

Aspide is working further on his patch and he incorporated my sdeightball fix into it now. He fixed the rest of the scriptwarnings with this file as well.

Automatically merged

I finished SDCoop for now, this is simply for UT outside of use of the sd coop gametype that was provided. I might have forgotten to note down all the changes I made but most of it is noted. I didn't remove the voice of the pirate in lavaplant though because its a single one and i didnt feel like resaving the map yet again. I only kept some lines for other ones like :hey you" etc. Because it really gets annoying with a lot of them in coop.

SDCoop

This is made so that it can be used with any of the versions of steeledawnpakut including the new one made by Aspide. This has not use any of the new actors included in aspide's version to maintain the compat/choice and i started making it before aspide's version anyways. Aspide's UT fixes should be released soon as far as I know, but in the meantime here you have alternate version of the sd maps for UT Coop.

edit:
you will also need files from this
aspmusic

Automatically merged

Iirc ASP-Vortex is used in starport now, asp-unworld2 in riverruins and asp-missionb in jollyroger

Leo(T.C.K.)
Masterful

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:54 pm

Afaik Aspide's fix is finished on the side of system files and won't be updated further, he was still doing some fixes for the deathmatch maps..(but otherwise it all seemed to work fine)

but I expected it to be released already so where's the holdup? And where is Delacroix to comment on this?

Also what about the moddb release?

attaching confused travolta...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.