Unreal PSX rework:Rise of Jrath thread

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: Unreal PSX rework:Rise of Jrath thread

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

papercoffee wrote:
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: As for UV skins, well you could export the mesh or something and export the UV maps that way, dunno how the skin maker works but i remember it having the meshes for display so there should be a way to do it for Unreal meshes as well there.
Hm ... must say, I never checked this possibility. I'll check this out.
I can give you the model files right away though if you want, i have all of the model files anyways.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Well thank you. :tu:
iDeFiX
Average

Post by iDeFiX »

I just wanted to say that Leo's hard work really got me interested in the unreleased, cancelled or other platform ported stuff of unreal and ut.
Keep up the good work (you and others involved) and please do share your stuff/ports/remakes. Thanks!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Thanks. I have sent the package to more people now for testing, some additional bugs were found that I have missed obviously. If you want to participate in testing as well, you can send me pm, but some of the levels are not done as some additional pawns need to be added, the skins and a new quadshot as well. But overall they are pretty finished apart from that.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Delacroix is off the team, officially. Reason: Personal issues.
I want to announce that Delacroix is not on this project anymore, all his input stays and he will not be removed from credits or anything like that. But he doesn't even want to communicate with me so I am cutting him from the team roster for now.
I was told that I "reap what I sow" pretty much.

But, I won't allow myself to be mistreated and I am done with forums in general after the recent arguments.

I was told that I "reap what I sow" pretty much.

I was under constant pressure anyways, always pleeding for new content and progress to show. This will take now slower pace, all the demo levels are finished but I will wait on masterunreal's stuff and papercoffee's and then I will release the thing. My only posts will be on this thread in future when there's update to be said.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

About all skins are finished by now (all papercoffee's stuff is done maybe except for one skin which I am not completely sure about, but it is minor). And I am quite satisfied by his work and I think it was worth the wait.

The issues I had with Delacroix were also resolved meanwhile.
Anyways, still I need certain stuff before I will release it, master unreal's beta pawn remakes, another skin and a new quadshot. Then it will be finally ready for release.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

:tu: Yipee!
Looking forward to this project.
I Would be more than happy to help you out but I can't even build an outside zone. :tongue: maybe I should publish this project in more places (gamefaqs etc.)?
Anyway good luck.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Well, I don't want to seam pavonine ...but how about some screen shots from the newest version... with the skins too hehehe
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Feel free to spread the project around, I don't mind, thanks.

Alright, posting new screenshots.
This skin was originally created for Fay as a mistake for female2 but stays for a player-choice as a character simply named "Hunter" and probably I can add it later in the campaign as carcass or something like that.

Rest of the screenshots as follows:
jaypeezy
Experienced

Post by jaypeezy »

Are those bots cooperative AI? If so, that is awesome!

This map packs looks really cool as well, can't wait to play it.
iDeFiX
Average

Post by iDeFiX »

Good to see progress is still being made!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Fay is a sidekick, but only appears at few levels and yeah she can fight enemies (although it was reduced, only on harder difficulties she will get to fight more enemies (but not much either way), after all it shouldn't become another daikatana or ONP in that), Iris you have to fight though (she is an AI basically that you implant in your eye), in your mind/her world as challenge kind of thing before she accepts you to help (the blue girl).
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Iris you have to fight though (she is an AI basically that you implant in your eye), in your mind/her world as challenge kind of thing before she accepts you to help (the blue girl).
Interesting! The "casting" of king and horse! I would have prefered as arena something like that

About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I never watched Bleech ...but this Picture gives me an Idea for a map.

BTT... Wait Iris is not physical ?? But why not make her translucent then?
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

papercoffee wrote:I never watched Bleech ...but this Picture gives me an Idea for a map.

BTT... Wait Iris is not physical ?? But why not make her translucent then?
Well, she IS physical in that "dream world" otherwise if I was to make her appear elsewhere she would be translucent (it doesn't make sense for her to be translucent in her own environment), but the way it was done is that it just appears as a text. I might put her later on during some longer convos as a translucent projection or something then.

And remember that I am still following the original concept and design doc. It never mentioned her translucent, in fact her convos ingame after you fight her were supposed to be when you close your eyes and you see her and talk to her. But that might be difficult to implement, was meant to be like between maps or something once, with FMVs instead. That got dropped later on, too.