[WIP][227]Unreal: Resurgence Part 1

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: [WIP][UT][227]Unreal: Resurgence Part 1

Post by Dr.Flay »

FANTASTIC!
I love using the twin daggers in Chaos 2K4 and picking a fight with a skaarj, which is why I like to use the 2 blades in NW3.

How about the Body Awareness mod to go with it ?
[youtube]bmUjn1t-Hk8[/youtube]
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I had never seen this mod and it had me a bit intrigued. Until I watched it for a couple of minutes and got a little bit of vertigo going. Great idea, so-so implementation: too much view bob and fish-eye. If this is tweakable then I'd be much more interested.

It's good to see continuing interest in Unreal modding though. I don't think the average UT player has comprehension of the things still being made for Unreal. I'd wager the development community is larger for Unreal now. Certainly there is more things being made for it currently.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
AlCapowned
Experienced
Personal rank: Layman

Post by AlCapowned »

JackGriffin wrote:Want me to take a look at it? I just need the weapon itself, not the whole package.
Sure, I'll send it to you some time this week.
EvilGrins wrote:
AlCapowned wrote:Here's the new version of the razik(s).
Is it just me or are the arms on that Skaarj you're playing as from ut2004?

The design of the Raziks and the pattern of "your" scales on the arms look like this guy:
Yes, for the most part. The model is from UT2004's Dominator/Guardian but the UV maps have been heavily modified to fit the different skins; the arm skin is a modified version of Unreal 2's light Skaarj skin (the green one, not the alpha medium Skaarj in your screenshot), and the blade skin is the one from Unreal 2. The animations are all mine, though. Animating stuff is the one thing I'm good at doing. :mrgreen:
Dr.Flay wrote:FANTASTIC!
I love using the twin daggers in Chaos 2K4 and picking a fight with a skaarj, which is why I like to use the 2 blades in NW3.

That mod is only for Unreal 227, and I want to keep this compatible with UT. Plus, the mod relies on the third person animations, so that would leave the player with only two attack animations that wouldn't fit the Razik's first person animations.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Dr.Flay wrote:FANTASTIC!

This a really funny idea, but I think it would be very tiring in the long run. Too much jerking around when turning. I'd also add that the very approximative collision might look a bit silly (when stopping on the very edge of a cliff, you'd see your two feet in midair). However, it's as well-made as possible given the possibilites of Unreal's stock assets and it's fun :D
You must construct additional pylons.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Bare in mind the Body Awareness mod is an unfinished proof of concept, and does need tweaking. I suspect that head movement would translate better with a headset, so it matched the tilt of your head.
Someone has done it in UT slightly differently. Can't think who's mod it is, but it is a recent WIP.
What they have done is very simple, and set the 3rd person cam to be in the head.
Sure the vid is on Youtube somewhere.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Dr.Flay wrote:Bare in mind the Body Awareness mod is an unfinished proof of concept
I assumed that. If new versions come up, I'll take a look, this looks like something funny.
You must construct additional pylons.
AlCapowned
Experienced

Post by AlCapowned »

I guess I forgot to bump this thread since I last updated it. There are a few new items, the Raziks now have four firing modes (projectiles, melee, lunge, and spin), the Hunter Razorjack is a new version of the Razorjack that's good for setting traps, and the Sunspire Missile Launcher is a Warlord gun that the player will be able to use (it has three firing modes).

Some great stuff is being made by Doublez-Down, Tronovision, and Teridax, but I'd rather spoil the weapons and other stuff than the maps.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Sounds great.
Any guess of release??
AlCapowned
Experienced

Post by AlCapowned »

Nah, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. We have 4 maps done so far, though, with another one nearing completion, and two others have been started. After all of those, there will be one last playable map and an extro.

Edit: Wow, it's been a long time since I updated this thread. There are new screenshots in the OP that show the maps by Teridax, Tronovision, Doublez-Down, and SteadZ. We're still a ways off from releasing the pack, but things are going well.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Great work to all of you. Very exciting stuff. Those screenies are too cool....the anticipation grows!
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Post by Torax »

I hope i will have ability to play out this stuff)
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Popped onto the Moddb link for this, from the 1st page, and apparently due to difficulties with static meshes (over my head) it's no longer intended for ut99.
I sad.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
AlCapowned
Experienced

Re: [WIP][227]Unreal: Resurgence Part 1

Post by AlCapowned »

It's not that static meshes are the problem, it's that they'll be preventing the problem. Anyway, Teridax asked for people's opinions in the USP thread and the few people who responded were fine with it, so it's not like this came out of nowhere. Sorry, though. I would have liked to see this in UT as well, but I'd rather have a complete project.