What abot to unite UT and Unreal?

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"

Re: What abot to unite UT and Unreal?

Postby Myth » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:16 pm

UE4 is free

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/ue4-is-free

How about porting UT99 and Unreal to UE4?
Myth
Inhuman
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:57 pm
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Re: What abot to unite UT and Unreal?

Postby EvilGrins » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:40 pm

Torax wrote:That's a totally useless idea. I have no more arguments.

Not a useless idea at all, just needs a more thought out approach I think.

Did you post because you were just curious or you had a thought out idea to implement it?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
 
Posts: 5752
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: What abot to unite UT and Unreal?

Postby Torax » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:23 pm

Myth wrote:UE4 is free

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/ue4-is-free

How about porting UT99 and Unreal to UE4?

That will need a team to reach this goal.

EvilGrins wrote:Did you post because you were just curious or you had a thought out idea to implement it?

First of all i was interested.
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...

UTRP
http://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-tourna ... oject-utrp
Torax
Adept
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:38 pm
Location: Odessa, Ukraine
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Re: What abot to unite UT and Unreal?

Postby Carbon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:29 am

Not a useless idea my friend, but perhaps it needs more thought, that's all.

Unreal is currently being remade in UE4. Seriously. https://forums.unrealtournament.com/sho ... %29-Remake
User avatar
Carbon
Inhuman
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: What abot to unite UT and Unreal?

Postby Torax » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:20 am

Carbon wrote:Not a useless idea my friend, but perhaps it needs more thought, that's all.

Unreal is currently being remade in UE4. Seriously. https://forums.unrealtournament.com/sho ... %29-Remake

Quite a good news :gj:
Really awesome news!
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...

UTRP
http://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-tourna ... oject-utrp
Torax
Adept
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:38 pm
Location: Odessa, Ukraine
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Re: What abot to unite UT and Unreal?

Postby Carbon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Torax wrote:
Carbon wrote:Not a useless idea my friend, but perhaps it needs more thought, that's all.

Unreal is currently being remade in UE4. Seriously. https://forums.unrealtournament.com/sho ... %29-Remake

Quite a good news :gj:
Really awesome news!


Indeed! And they need all the help they can get. This is what I was talking about mate...your skills would be of great benefit there.
User avatar
Carbon
Inhuman
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: What abot to unite UT and Unreal?

Postby Torax » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Carbon wrote:Indeed! And they need all the help they can get. This is what I was talking about mate...your skills would be of great benefit there.

Well.. To develop something under UE4 i need to upgrade my PC. At least - instal Windows 7, because i'm still running Win XP SP3 :ironic2:
In other question - hardware. Yeah it runs UT3 at maximum settings but it not reach minimal system requirements of UE4. And i don't talk about stuff required for development.
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...

UTRP
http://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-tourna ... oject-utrp
Torax
Adept
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:38 pm
Location: Odessa, Ukraine
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Re: What abot to unite UT and Unreal?

Postby MrLoathsome » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:55 am

I thought I already did that several ways.

Monsters do win at MegaDomination quite often.
Download my stuff here: http://ecoop.tk/load/
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:02 pm
Location: MrLoathsome fell out of the world!
Personal rank: Mooooo !

Previous

Return to Single Player Maps and Unreal Exports / Imports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests