"split-screen" in Unreal Engine 1 games

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: "split-screen" in Unreal Engine 1 games

Post by Chamberly »

Not sure how I missed this but this seems awesome!
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
ddraig

Post by ddraig »

Hi,
This is great, thanks Mochu. I used a version of this for UT99 and ut2k4, unreal gold as well and it works. Killing Floor works as well (along with the goldberg steam emulator), but still dabbling about the xinput controller (xbox one) axis freezing when shooting.
There is a team of us on discord called splitscreendreams that are using and developing an app called nucleuscoop, and writing scripts for it that does what you created for ut99. It uses goldberg emulator as well for steam games, and xinputplus for older games. Not only nucleuscoop but also Universal Split Screen which is similar and allows multiple M+KB per window as well. You are welcome to join, I can send an invite.
Here are a list of games that run out out of the box with nucleuscoop with minimal setting up (UT3 as well) along with their scripts:

Noticing that Alien Colonial Marines isnt there and should be. We have a lot more in the discord group as well that work (as well as references to other splitscreen games), but have not been developed into end user scripts and require more steps.
tissetasse

Post by tissetasse »

Mochu wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:37 am I know that this isn't the forum for that but... i manage to do this same thing with ut2k4, and i think that this will be possible to do on any UE2 game.
I got UT99 working.

I would love to hear how get split screen on UT2k4 :rock:
Fartheadmcgee123

Post by Fartheadmcgee123 »

Hey there. I tried to get this working, but it seems to not work. I tried this on both a Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 computer.

When I run the Splitscreen Launcher for 2 players using UT99 V436, it opens one version of UT in the corner, but doesn't open a second version. It also gets rid of the taskbar at the bottom which is hard to get back. When I run the "player1.exe" program in the "system" folder, it opens the game up in a window mode. When I run the "player2.exe" in "system-2nd" or any further player exes, I get an error that says "The program can't start because Window.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

When I run this with UT99 V469a, it gives me an error that says "'The procedure entry point ?CallDefaultProc@WWindows@@UAEHIIJ@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\.....\Player1.exe". When I run the "Player2.exe" it gives me the "Window.dll" error, but it gives me 2 other ones that say the same thing, except the "window.dll" is replaced with "core.dll" and "engine.dll".

Any idea how to fix this? I would love to get this working. Thanks!