The Black Tutorials-6)Map embedded tricks and cheats

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: The Black Tutorials-6)Map embedded tricks and cheats

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:Thanks, that works like a charm! :satan:
For me it is a major security hole that has to be fixed ASAP: Overwrite GameInfo/BaseMutator's AddMutator() to allow adding only map specific white listed mutators? Periodically check if Level.Game.BaseMutator is still the one I've put there?

<EDIT>spell fix</EDIT>
You should know things before seeing Funky Boy posting manure, or both of you are suffering by dizziness. I can Make an ACTOR not Mutator or other shit subclass (and wipe your ass with "Mutator checkers") able even to get some stuff from your server (admin-password, removing redirect, removing heartbeat, setting up tickrate at 10, and so on). Why you don't post more shit as possible ? Want my turn ? Any dumb code can be copied and used, Mr. Funky Genius with I.Q 1000^-20, anyone can read a forum. :loool:

Edit:
Perhaps you someday will "convince" people to not download SB tagged stuff after this posting session when you have been testing Funky things. Wooow, now you have a Security Hole to fix - That one from back side at middle of body ?
You see why I'm not bother to download maps post 2012-2014. They not only have BAD PATHS and Bad Setup, but also might have crap because people are getting busy with SHIT not with game-play.
But I have patience until a Derdak no 2 will raise up from somewhere... maybe...
Edit2:You need a harder work to convince me about using maps coming with a DLL. A version can be claimed as a "fixed" one somewhere, and new stuff in DLL formula might go over SandBox preparing a timed bomb later (2 months?) then... enjoy new stuff brought to your yard from unknown origins of the Internet. So game can be named a Sort of Domination and your Control Point is never Secure.
HyPeR-X
Novice

Post by HyPeR-X »

If some mapper realy wants to be evil he could include a .dll/.exe in the map, silently unpack it clientside and execute the file. You could receive the most nasty worms etc this way and yes is even possible to do this from uscript ...
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

HyPeR-X wrote:If some mapper realy wants to be evil he could include a .dll/.exe in the map, silently unpack it clientside and execute the file. You could receive the most nasty worms etc this way and yes is even possible to do this from uscript ...
I was thinking about retrieving the .dll/.exe using built-in IRC protocol to download files or sending the player to a web URI that makes you download the file.
It could be used to produce some bitcoins infecting servers and player machines lol.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:Perhaps you someday will "convince" people to not download SB tagged stuff
Whenever possible I add all needed resources (including source code) in an extra folder when I publish my work. So everyone can rebuild the package by himself.
is even possible to do
Can we please close Pandora's box now?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Barbie wrote:
is even possible to do
Can we please close Pandora's box now?
Ok ...do we give "bad but dumb" people ideas or do the "bad but dumb" people know this already and such nasty things are already in the wild?
HyPeR-X
Novice

Post by HyPeR-X »

I've never seen it out there in the wild and guess it will show up nowadays because UT is almost dead. I think the knowledgr about how to do this is known by some coders (higor, anthrax, wormbo, el muerte and a bunch of others) I wont go into detail about this in public due to the risks involved.