How to make bots in practice-mode more complex?

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
Xoleras
Novice

How to make bots in practice-mode more complex?

Post by Xoleras »

Hey, I have noticed in my game that in the tournament ladder, bots seem to dodge a lot and have more original behavior than in practice mode where even playing at inhuman difficulty they wont do dodges. Any way to tweak the bots in practice mode so they would be able to behave in a similar fashion?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: How to make bots in practice-mode more complex?

Post by EvilGrins »

Don't let the game level determine how bots are, individually customize your bots:

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Xoleras
Novice

Post by Xoleras »

Well, that's what I do and I give them all unique behavior and stuff but they still wont dodge like those in the tournament ladder.. Put all their skill level one block from max too.

Oh, and as a side note, I use xBots to increase my maximum customisable bots but I doubt it affects their behavior in any way.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

As far as I can remember, the only bots that have any behavior tweaks in the ladder are: vanessa, xan and barktooth with a .5 combat style (aggressive).
If anything... a bots aggressiveness might cause other variables such as dodging and strafing to increase. Ex. I know the charging state has a trytoduck bullshit added so that bots attempt to dodge while they're running toward you after performing some checks. Other than that, it might be coded somewhere into the tournament ladder...

I believe ut2k4 has something to modify the final boss' behavior.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm appreciating Menu for configuring Bots but... sometimes THAT IS NOT an answer. Sample: In some MH versions I have automated jumpy behavior regarding to their default crappy setup by setting up new A.I. directives. Not to mention that I can increase other properties and decreasing others and combining these with attitude directive on purpose to match game needs, so you can forget your Menu when game controller is in charge at this point :lol: , because whatever are doing those "sliders", is doable VIA UScript as well by other tools - ladder games included.
Xoleras
Novice

Post by Xoleras »

I am seriously beginning to think it's impossible to make bots in practice-mode do dodges and stuff, no matter how I change their stats or difficulty they will still do plain movement.. On tournament ladder starting from experienced, some of the bots already start doing dodges and shockcombos and stuff (bots on last ctf-maps for example).