Can you bind a key to disabile Dodging online?

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
Visability
Novice

Can you bind a key to disabile Dodging online?

Post by Visability »

So.. I play BT a lot and stuff and if you are like me there are these moments where you just need to get to the veerry freaking edge and press the move keys a lot in the span of a second or something.. sometimes when you do that though you dodge accidentally and fall to your doom so, I was thinking.. since the engine.playerpawn dodgeclicktime command does not work online.. and there's the in game option in the menu to disable dodging that works online.. I thought that there must be a way to change that box using a command or something right? is that not possible? any of you have any idea on how to do this?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Can you bind a key to disabile Dodging online?

Post by papercoffee »

I think some server will not like this ...ACE or UT-Pure could detect it as cheating. Because you give yourself an advantage towards your opponents.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Probably I'm entirely disagree, if player wants toggling dodge on/off can disable/enable it from menu when wants - including ON-Line, already tested by self person. New member asked for binding a(/or two) key(/s) for toggling this default feature. I don't see where is the cheating here. You will not dodge but others will dodge. Who cares and why ? Just move, aim, destroy = shooter.

When dodge is turned of Variable from Engine.PlayerPawn called DodgeClickTime goes to -1.000000, when dodge is active DodgeClickTime goes to a probably default value having 0.25. This is located in UMenu.UMenuGameOptionsClientWindow line 130 then operating in Lines 248 - 254 If I did not screwed UMenu package with some other version a la 451 or such...

Code: Select all

DodgingCheck.bChecked = (GetPlayerOwner().DodgeClickTime > 0);
function DodgingChecked()
{
	if(DodgingCheck.bChecked)
		GetPlayerOwner().ChangeDodgeClickTime(0.25);
	else
		GetPlayerOwner().ChangeDodgeClickTime(-1.0);
}
For binding a key I have to do some research toward "ChangeDodgeClickTime" function. I'll be back later if nobody will reply.

Edit: Research closed. ChageDodgeClickTime is called in "exec function" SetDodgeClickTime so it can be bound to key for quick access as follows - my case - already set. Pumping new words in User.ini, I mean editing this file using a simple text editing application.
Sample of modifications

Code: Select all

Aliases[27]=(Command="SetDodgeClickTime -1.00",Alias=DodgeOff)
Aliases[28]=(Command="SetDodgeClickTime 0.25",Alias=DodgeOn)
//definition of commands for ON and OFF - this line is not needed
i=DodgeOff
//setting up keys - this line is not needed
S=DodgeOn
In game by pressing key <i> we will deactivate dodging capabilities. By pressing key <s> we will activate dodging. Happening if file User.ini is edited as described above else do not expect any sudden magic.
Not any exec command executed should be taken in account as a cheat because it's not.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote:I don't see where is the cheating here. You will not dodge but others will dodge. Who cares and why ? Just move, aim, destroy = shooter.
BT is not your usual game mode where you run and gun. it's about precision jumps and fail of that precision.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

THIS is doable already from Menu as a SLOW method during game, for fast methods we can bind keys - including for firing gun if mouse is broken :lol2: . This is how do the game works. If any of you is disturbed by this game, next time I will respond to the question in a PM.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Well, OP will see if he/she can play at those server.
I don't know for sure... that's all.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Next theme is zooming which indeed depends on server setup - allowing it or not.
As a personal opinion - zooming is not really cheating. Why ? Because when you have a nice focus into a limited visible spot, a sneak coming around can bite you to the death and you'll die like an ass, zooming is good when game has a relaxing stage not in full combat. So probably the guy with zoom will die somehow easier at random than the rest - Where is the cheat here ?

@Qwerty
While you try to stop zooming engaged by some entertaining mutator used, why you don't simply allow it for everyone, no discrimination... If a player wants a tool, give it to everyone, more simple than hunting un-existent "cheaters".
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

sektor2111 wrote:Next theme is zooming which indeed depends on server setup - allowing it or not.
As a personal opinion - zooming is not really cheating. Why ? Because when you have a nice focus into a limited visible spot, a sneak coming around can bite you to the death and you'll die like an ass, zooming is good when game has a relaxing stage not in full combat. So probably the guy with zoom will die somehow easier at random than the rest - Where is the cheat here ?

@Qwerty
While you try to stop zooming engaged by some entertaining mutator used, why you don't simply allow it for everyone, no discrimination... If a player wants a tool, give it to everyone, more simple than hunting un-existent "cheaters".
why are you mentioning me? LOL I don't run any such mutators. IF I am please enlighten me :)
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Visability
Novice

Post by Visability »

Yo, I tested it on the server I play and it actually works! I am so happy right now.. Thank you so much! @sektor2111

And no guys.. it is not cheating because it can still be done from the menu anyway.. I just wanted a quick way to do it so that I don't have to pause, open the menu and disable it just for like 5 seconds.. then open the menu again to enable it back again.

It counts as cheating if you increase the value and by doing that you make the dodge mechanic easier than it already is to do.. and there's nothing in the menu even in the advanced options when you type preferences in the console that lets you increase the value except if you go to the User.ini yourself and find the value to change it

Another reason why it's not cheating is because when you change the value to a lower amount (making dodging even harder for you to do) and go to a server online it doesn't change it back to the default value which is 0.25.. it keeps the amount that you put the same.. but when you change it to a higher amount the server changes the value back to 0.25 I believe.. so yeah!
Dizzy
Experienced
Personal rank: Oaf

Post by Dizzy »

This is allowed on BunnyTrack.net servers. I don't consider it cheating since it's something you can change via the menu.
Join the BunnyTrack.net Discord chat server: https://www.bunnytrack.net/discord
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Dizzy wrote:This is allowed on BunnyTrack.net servers. I don't consider it cheating since it's something you can change via the menu.
Ok thank you. I stand corrected.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Qwerty wrote:why are you mentioning me? LOL I don't run any such mutators. IF I am please enlighten me
In a previous topic you were asking how to stop players to zoom weapons. A server might have that forbidden by default... unless some funky mutator is screwing that value from INI, this is doable in coding and it's done since forever - See MonsterHunt allowing monsters and bypassing BotPack's restrictions toward "bNoMonsters". If whatever tool used is doing INI changes, your player (ANY) can use zoom for any weapon. The problem comes with visibility, in DeathMatch games which I'm playing zooming is not helping, you can die killed by other nearby pawn without to even see it. I think here everyone needs a clarification, like that problem with FakePlayers and Bots with Ping because these are NOT THE SAME thing. There are many people which are not understanding options, and then are yelling around "this is cheating", but they are wrong by default.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

sektor2111 wrote:
Qwerty wrote:why are you mentioning me? LOL I don't run any such mutators. IF I am please enlighten me
In a previous topic you were asking how to stop players to zoom weapons. A server might have that forbidden by default... unless some funky mutator is screwing that value from INI, this is doable in coding and it's done since forever - See MonsterHunt allowing monsters and bypassing BotPack's restrictions toward "bNoMonsters". If whatever tool used is doing INI changes, your player (ANY) can use zoom for any weapon. The problem comes with visibility, in DeathMatch games which I'm playing zooming is not helping, you can die killed by other nearby pawn without to even see it. I think here everyone needs a clarification, like that problem with FakePlayers and Bots with Ping because these are NOT THE SAME thing. There are many people which are not understanding options, and then are yelling around "this is cheating", but they are wrong by default.

thank you for clarifying :)
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB