how to show (and use) more player classes (bots)?

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
gattovicentino
Average
Location: Vicenza (Veneto - Italia) / Santa Catarina (Brasil)

how to show (and use) more player classes (bots)?

Post by gattovicentino »

Hello!

I've installed about 160 player classes (models).

Xbots/Xbots9b can manage up to 320 bots (in different lists of 32 bots each) but they allow to choose only 64 of my installed player classes (almost 100 of them remain "hidden").

"Marginally Enhanced Mod" allows to show them all, unblocking the "hidden" ones, but it has only one list of 32 bots (as well as UT default).

Is there a way to have multiple lists to manage all my installed player classes (for example: configuring 5 different lists in xbots, each one of 32 bots, so using all the player classes I have installed)?

Thanks!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: how to show (and use) more player classes (bots)?

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, but it involves some manual editing of the xBots9 lists. Using Marginally Enhanced UT, create a new bot list in User.ini (the default UT bot list) with the player classes you want to use. Then copy/paste the relevant info (class, skin, face etc) into one of the xBots9 lists - repeat until you've got all your 160 player classes in xBots9.
gattovicentino
Average

Post by gattovicentino »

OjitroC wrote:Yes, but it involves some manual editing of the xBots9 lists. Using Marginally Enhanced UT, create a new bot list in User.ini (the default UT bot list) with the player classes you want to use. Then copy/paste the relevant info (class, skin, face etc) into one of the xBots9 lists - repeat until you've got all your 160 player classes in xBots9.
Thank you! I'll try this method
gattovicentino
Average

Post by gattovicentino »

OjitroC wrote:Yes, but it involves some manual editing of the xBots9 lists. Using Marginally Enhanced UT, create a new bot list in User.ini (the default UT bot list) with the player classes you want to use. Then copy/paste the relevant info (class, skin, face etc) into one of the xBots9 lists - repeat until you've got all your 160 player classes in xBots9.
I remembered there was a modified Xbots version that showed up to 128 player classes instead of the default 64, so I don't understand why Xbots9b, which is more recent, has not been modified to manage a larger number of player classes than the default 64.

But I tried the above method (copy/paste) involving Marginally Enhanced and user.ini.
Xbots and xbots9b interfaces show the models incorrectly, because for almost each model/bot the mod shows the first player class of my list (in alphabetical order): "6marine", but inside the game all is OK: the models appear the way they should be, so I can say this method works and so the issue is bypassed!