Navigation Combos - Samples: Bad and Good

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
sektor2111
Godlike

Navigation Combos - Samples: Bad and Good

Post by sektor2111 »

I'll try to be short.
We can call those LiftExit(and child classes) LiftCenter(and child classes) and another LiftExit - Navigation Combos. These are used for various jumps or heavy spots where Bot will use some stuff from its inventory or it does some stunts.
We have a combo configured in simple short terms LE-LC-LE. Minimal combination is THREE navigation actors and NOT TWO as I could see in X maps, all those are useless like that - those are an "end-of-road". Each of these combos have their private LiftTag strings and not combined each-other.
And now it's time for demonstration. One of these two attached maps has a normal combo charge and Bots will jump for getting flak cannon if they have enough health. In the other case we do not have a valid Exit as third point, and we have the same items to collect, take notice if that incomplete thing it's working or not. They are a bit visible so you can see these points. I recommend spectating two Bots - might be funny...
DM-A_GoodCombo.7z
(340.68 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
DM-A_BadCombo.7z
(340.56 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
I think samples are more useful than 3 pages of words.

If anyone was saying that Bot can see through semisolid brushes - take a look what's going on - I think they don't see anything unless brush is like NONE or we can talk about BSP bugs.

MapGarbage - version September 2020 can detect incomplete messed up combos using option bCheckEndBreaks - of course, there are more ways to mess them up, this is a basic check. Perhaps right now these "triads" are clarified for people interested to do things properly.