HOW TO DO IT:
1) Create a subclass of Inventory for a placeholder class
2) Under this class, create an Item for EVERY monster
3) Create a mutator to replace the items with monsters
4) play the game with the muty on
I have been having GREAT fun with this-I even made boxes that fire 'deemer missiles when broken! (I made a massive set of boxes with Pulse Beams that made a track then smacked out some Skaarj with a Deemer) Oh, yeah, replace the items with Botpack.StarterBolt, and you get a lazer that lasts about 5 misn, and the Skaarj are dumb enough to stand in it and die.
If you're too lazy to make it yourself, I'm releasing a pack of this soon (Plus some other stuff)
this is just out of the top of my head.
1. subclass decorations.
2. in the sublass:
replace: var() class<inventory> contents;
with: var() class<ACTOR> contents;
I believe this VAR is responsible for dropping items? although im not sure
3.subclass. your stuff. woodenboxes etc with the normal codes and properties
4. create a mutator that replaces al decorations with your decorations.
and you can also change content of the decorations to whatever you want in the mutator.