Missing models

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
LucienRavenwood
Novice
Personal rank: StuffSwapper

Missing models

Post by LucienRavenwood »

When I open my player/bot setup, many of my models aren't showing up. I can select the text, but nothing appears. I've installed updated to v436, installed Advanced Model Support 110, reinstalled UT and still no difference. What's weird is other custom models like JC Denton work just fine. Big Bird and Grover are among the ones missing. They're for my stupid bots. :loool:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Missing models

Post by Feralidragon »

The reason why the text appears but no model whatsoever is because you might have some required files missing for those models.
Did you try to load them in Ued to see if they show up? If not, then the above is most likelly the cause of it.
And the reason you see the text is due to the .int files (UT reads them and adds the text, with or without the files being there, the only diference is that they won't work).
LucienRavenwood
Novice

I thought that might be the problem so I re-downloaded the original zip files (I know they include everything because they worked before) and replaced the old ones. But it makes no difference.
LucienRavenwood
Novice

I installed a second copy of UT in a different directory and that made no difference. I'm going to delete the original as well and the registry entry. I need a clean install... something, anything.

I must have a bad entry or something because even the UT99 map pack wouldn't work.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I am think I know what's the problem now: just a question, did you install the bonuspacks 1 and 4?

I am asking this because several models no longer use the vertex system, most of them now use the skeletal system which comes with bonuspack 4. Maybe that's why some of them don't work even with all the orginal files and a clean install.
LucienRavenwood
Novice

I don't think I did. But I uninstalled the old one and did a clean install, adding Bonus Packs 1-4 with it. It works now, so maybe that was it. At any rate, I'm happy to have a clean copy of UT. :mrgreen: