So... Just got UT.

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

So... Just got UT.

Post by Dare »

Just got UT again and need to know everything I should download for the best online play. :mrgreen:

Whats the best patch, what bonus packs, if any? Anything I can download to make it smoother or faster? Need any suggestions!

Thanks in advance. :tu:
Last edited by Dare on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: So... Just got UT.

Post by Creavion »

Dare wrote:Just got UT again and need to know everything I should download for the best online play. :mrgreen:

Whats the best patch, what bonus packs, if any? Anything I can download to make it smoother or faster? Need any suggestions!

LOL :roll:

Come on... this joke is really bad.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Dare
Inhuman

Post by Dare »

:???:
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

Tell me you didn't have UT until now :confused2:
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Don`t worry, he is just fooling us. Although I do not get the sense of this kind of joke.
He was one of the very first members here on the forum and then disappeared suddently for months and seems to be back now. He should not try to think that his attempt here is believable in any way.
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Dare
Inhuman

Post by Dare »

Dude I just re-installed UT after a year and have forgot what the fuck I need.

Stop being an asshole.

And I left because I was sick of everyone ignoring me and treating me like a kid all the time.

Dare wrote:Just got UT again
I though I might have been able to get some sound advice here but obviously not. Just ignore me as usual.
Last edited by Dare on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

Dare wrote:Just got UT again and need to know everything I should download for the best online play. :mrgreen:

as a player you should make sure your ut install is up to version 436, no more, no less. you can dl it here: http://www.ut99.net/files/index.php?dir=Patches/

about performance you should set your UT to run OpenGL with the lates stable driver from this page: http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/

don't install any tweak programs as you might run into bans on various server for using them, and have to go through a lot to get unbanned again.
Retired.
Dare
Inhuman

Post by Dare »

TheDane wrote:

as a player you should make sure your ut install is up to version 436, no more, no less. you can dl it here: http://www.ut99.net/files/index.php?dir=Patches/

about performance you should set your UT to run OpenGL with the lates stable driver from this page: http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/

don't install any tweak programs as you might run into bans on various server for using them, and have to go through a lot to get unbanned again.

Thanks! :tu: It looks alot better now.

Also another problem I have is there is no resolution big enough for my screen, is there any way to change that?

My screen is 1680x1050
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

I can not hold back any longer: So Dare.. do you really wanna tell us.. you write nearly 1000 posts in a ut forum without to have UT???
I am sorry but ... I was never confrontrated with such a situation, this is ... *enter any fitting word here*
On the one hand I still think, you are joking around.. on the other hand I do not know why!

/Edit: Ok... yes It seems I overlooked the word "again" ... in this case my bad. I did not read your post carefully enough.

Although this is no reason to be rude, k?
I will ignore it in this case since it is my fault
About to be non-active
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

Does it just feel or your original post before didn't have word "again" in it :tongue:
Dare
Inhuman

Post by Dare »

You might want to check Creavions quote in his 1st post in this thread. I see it has the word again in it.
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Welcome back. 1 year isn't much nothing much has changed. Just grab an updated renderer and fire up UT. If you got a personal vendetta against me and want to frag me join #ut99 at irc.quakenet.org

1680x1050... aww shit that's a lot of pixels. I thought 1440x900 was big. meh... have the same aspect ratio now. Sometimes you can't select these resolutions inside UT, if you want to run UT at your native resolution you have to edit the unrealtournament.ini... at least I had to.
I also recommend that you set a fov of 100. You'll see a lot better. Just type set fov 100 in the console.
Dare
Inhuman

Post by Dare »

Myth wrote:Welcome back. 1 year isn't much nothing much has changed. Just grab an updated renderer and fire up UT. If you got a personal vendetta against me and want to frag me join #ut99 at irc.quakenet.org

1680x1050... aww shit that's a lot of pixels. I thought 1440x900 was big. meh... have the same aspect ratio now. Sometimes you can't select these resolutions inside UT, if you want to run UT at your native resolution you have to edit the unrealtournament.ini... at least I had to.
I also recommend that you set a fov of 100. You'll see a lot better. Just type set fov 100 in the console.

Thanks alot :D it looks even better now!
MutedSlayerking
Average
Personal rank: UT N00B

Post by MutedSlayerking »

Dare wrote:Dude I just re-installed UT after a year and have forgot what the fuck I need.

Stop being an asshole.

And I left because I was sick of everyone ignoring me and treating me like a kid all the time.

Dare wrote:Just got UT again
I though I might have been able to get some sound advice here but obviously not. Just ignore me as usual.
No need to get upset, christ leaving for a couple months because people talk some shit? Come on now, it aint that big of a deal. People talk shit, give shit back to em. Simple as that, you dont like somethin, stand up for yourself. Dont leave because people are being "meanies" haha :roll:
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

*sigh* necrobumping... The last post was in Dec 15, 2009... why even respond to it?
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission