"split-screen" in Unreal Engine 1 games

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: "split-screen" in Unreal Engine 1 games

Post by MrLoathsome »

Very nice.

Necro-bump approved by me.

You should just write up a Readme file and post that stuff here I think.
blarg
Mochu
Novice
Personal rank: noob

Post by Mochu »

OK i can write it down ... but it will be messy and complicated... can i upload my custom dll's and configs (arent this illegal) and write a tut on how to use them . Its fully compatible with this configurations:
- 1 player k/m and others on xbox 360 gamepads for players 2,3,4
- all players on xbox 360 gamepads

Its possible to use other controllers but if u want to play in more then 2 players those controllers need to be working in xinput mode (only like this u can use other UT instances, because ut don't recognize more the one controller , well it recognize but as this same one)
Attachments
other ue1 game
other ue1 game
Mochu
Novice

Post by Mochu »

Ok i make one more thing , Launcher :) and created simple version of this mod but i attached some exe files and dll , hope it wont bother nobody.

How to use this:
- extract and copy to your UT folder (i may notices that your have an older or newer opengl renderer i use latest one and its working with this stuff)
- next step is to copy everything from your System folder to other System folders without replacing existing files
after that your should be done :) connect Xinput controllers and have fun

Configuration for xbox controller
Analogs , moving and looking
triggers for fire and alt fire
A button jumps
RB and LB weapon change
Start connect to localhost
GUIDE close UT

New launcher do some stuff with windows (hide menu start , icons and desktop) after exiting Player 1 UT window everything will be back

If i forgot something and this upload is broken let me know
Attachments
Split-Screen mod.7z
(849.3 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Launcher.jpg
Launcher.jpg (6.84 KiB) Viewed 6465 times
Last edited by Mochu on Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

Wow, this seems complex.
I don't understand but i will try.
I remember a bug with the XBOX 360 gamepad that the screen moves very fast when i move the controller, i hope this thing will not happen.

Oh wait, my system folder is heavy.

EDIT: Literally works... O_O
Mochu
Novice

Post by Mochu »

Tuning speed was muliplayed because of Old renderer , fps went crazy so game run oddly flame move faster another issues , for example fast turning speed :) that's why I used new modern rendered. And I'm glad that this stuff work for you, I put a lot of effort in creating this stuff :) and if some of u want I can upload versions for rune gold and unreal gold

PS. If u want to change something for example looking speed or analog dead zone then ask I can help :) unreal engine is awesome and u can do a lot of stuff with it , epic was way ahead of its time with this stuff
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

So... the maximum number is 4 players? Probably a good choice. I sometimes play with 16 bots... can only imagine what that'd look like if you could divide the screen into 17 views.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

EvilGrins wrote:So... the maximum number is 4 players? Probably a good choice. I sometimes play with 16 bots... can only imagine what that'd look like if you could divide the screen into 17 views.
That needs a Huge 4k screen then. :P

About the split-screen, if i try to put two players, then the two screens are in the upward part of the screen.

EDIT: OH, i forgot, i tried to play with controller with the first player and it got bugged, until i noticed i need those xinput files. (That weren't included, it should be included.)
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

I am pretty sure this tweak is only for real players and does not display a screen with the view for each bot.
(Although that is an interesting idea....)

Correct me if I am wrong.
blarg
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

I can't get the two XBOX 360 Gamepads working...
1 Gamepad controls the two screens.

It happens if i use:
- Player 1 (Keyboard), Player 2 & 3 (Gamepad, but one of them controls both... I have two Gamepads connected...)
- Player 1 & 2 (Gamepad, SAME thing)
Mochu
Novice

Post by Mochu »

That's odd ... because this mod uses those same files for every controller, it only switches screens for player 1 , if u use k/m for player one then he loads Player1 exe from "system" folder witch dosn't have xinput files, if u select controller for player one then he will load Player2 exe from "System-2nd" as a player 1 hmm it has to do something witch ur gamepads ur using original xbox 360 controllers make sure that controller number indicator is 1 and 2 for them botch and make sure u put correct dlls in correct folders like in 7z file i uploaded and if u still can't get this to work tell me what controllers are u using and how do u connect them to PC. And make sure u copied all 9 files from each system-nd folder in my upload . Only “system” folder has 4 files. And those 9 files from system-nd folders dont mix … there are created for each system-nd folder seperatly if u mix tchem it wont work
FXANBSS wrote:About the split-screen, if i try to put two players, then the two screens are in the upward part of the screen.
About 2 players screen size ... well i originally had screens on full monitor size for player one in top and player two down, but UE1 calculate FOV by the fly and it looks od ... try to start UT windowed then resize window like this and then u will see what i mean. If u still want this then u need to make some mods to my launcher , i can tell u what do do or make a new one for you.
MrLoathsome wrote:I am pretty sure this tweak is only for real players and does not display a screen with the view for each bot.
(Although that is an interesting idea....)

Correct me if I am wrong.
This mod starts 4 UT on your PC , so if it is possible to put camera after bot and spectate in UT then its possible to do this
Attachments
What's in each system-nd folder
What's in each system-nd folder
system.jpg (24.17 KiB) Viewed 6423 times
Mochu
Novice

Post by Mochu »

FXANBSS wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:So... the maximum number is 4 players? Probably a good choice. I sometimes play with 16 bots... can only imagine what that'd look like if you could divide the screen into 17 views.
That needs a Huge 4k screen then. :P

About the split-screen, if i try to put two players, then the two screens are in the upward part of the screen.

EDIT: OH, i forgot, i tried to play with controller with the first player and it got bugged, until i noticed i need those xinput files. (That weren't included, it should be included.)

This mod can support up to 5 players ,1 k/m and others on controllers , I haven't implemented it yet because it will be crazy ;) but if u want I can or I can tell u what to do :)
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

Ah, copying the system folder is a very stupid way, and a waste of space.

I consider this mod as still a Alpha/Beta, still needs lots of fixes. :(
Mochu
Novice

Post by Mochu »

What need to be fixed ?

And a copy of system folder is better then copy of entire game and a separate PC , waste of space ? in this times hdd are more capable of handling another 1gb of data.If copying system folder is stupid for you then im open for your idea on how to make it better, In mine opinion this stuff is finished use it as u want, its not much more i can do with it. If u want to load a seperate dll with a exe file u need to put it within this same folder and UT exe needs all other stuff in system file thats why u need to make a copy of it so if u want to play on 2 playrs u can use only one system folder and u be able to play on 2 players ,player 1 on keyboard and player 2 on controller

Honestly i've learned a lot with this mod and i have some great times on lan parties.
Snipa

Post by Snipa »

Thank you very much for the work with this mod! I don't know if I installed it wrong, but I can't get it to work... It works for player 1 with mouse & keyobard, but not for all the 4 players with controller. When I use the controller I can't get pass the intro movie; if I mark a player's window with the mouse and press ESC the intro movie freezes.

There's a similar mod for Halo Online and it's working fine for me:
Mochu
Novice

Post by Mochu »

I will be glad to help you with this issue but i need some things first
- do you use official xbox 360 controllers ? and are properly installed ?

ps.iv send you PM