UT99 Graphical over-haul

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
Humphro

Re: UT99 Graphical over-haul

Post by Humphro »

works fine for me.
StudioF

Post by StudioF »

works here too
gladdy16
Personal rank: Average

Post by gladdy16 »

Sounds like a good mod :tu:
David_OSU
Novice

Post by David_OSU »

Lee, since the referenced topic (in the first post) hasn't been replied to in a long time over at unrealtexture, I'll post my comments here. This site seems to be about the most active UT site on the web these days (and old UT parts of BeyondUnreal are still broke after their new years upgrade).

First, good job on putting together an excellent tutorial to max out the graphics on UT. However, I'd like to point out some issues with your recommendations:

ExtensionPack mod: this is really only for mapmakers to add features to new maps. The eye candy it adds only works with the included test map. I haven't been able to see any differences with this on existing maps (sorry).

Liltweak: this was really designed for reducing gore (to increase frame rates on older systems). It can increase gore, but wasn't really made for that. Some better alternatives are MoreGore and ChunkyFun. These mutators increase the blood and chunks (respectively) and are stackable! When used together, you get a real blood bath. Also, add Bloodtrails to the mix to really paint your map red.

Also, in addition to DecalStay, add Lifespan to make ripper blades, grenades, and green goo last much longer.

As for the renderers, I've tried both D3D and OpenGL, and I get better frame rates and a better picture using OpenGL. This seems to be the case for most people running on hardware a few years old.
l0stwisdom
Novice
Personal rank: Slow

Post by l0stwisdom »

I can't seem to get this to work. :S

The link for OpenGL is out of date.
brdempsey69
Average
Personal rank: Ex Marine

Post by brdempsey69 »

l0stwisdom wrote:I can't seem to get this to work. :S

The link for OpenGL is out of date.

If you're looking for Chris Dohnal's OpenGL renderer, that site has moved to here:

http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/