Need help with importing models into Milkshape3d

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
Embr
Novice

Need help with importing models into Milkshape3d

Post by Embr »

Just as the topic title says, I need some help importing UT99 models (like the Male Soldier, Skaarj Trooper, etc.) into Milkshape3D for editing purposes. The reason I am looking for a way to do this is so that I can make some better looking models than are currently available (such as the Wolverine one, that I obtained with help from Nephew9999). Also, I figured that it would be much simpler to make edits to the skin, such as adding the mask details, rather than trying to make a new skin from scratch. Thanks to anyone who is able to help me out with this.

Embr
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Re: Need help with importing models into Milkshape3d

Post by Saya-chan »

Most of the time you can just export the .*3d files for meshes (or PSA/PSK files for skeletal meshes) with UTPT. Then import them into Milkshape3D.
Sadly, with normal meshes you have to re-create all the animations.
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Embr
Novice

Post by Embr »

I tried the UTPT, and got the Skaarj files out, but when I try to import them into Milkshape, I just get an error message saying that Milkshape has stopped working, and then it crashes. </sadface>
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Are you trying to import the _a.3d file or the _d.3d one. The latter is actually the correct way relative this kind of meshes, as for psk/psa ones I don't know that much.
Embr
Novice

Post by Embr »

Thanks, Feralidragon, that got it. I was trying to just import the _a.3d because I didn't see the _d.3d file. Now if only I could find the proper .u file for the soldier skins, we'd be all cool, lol