Blurry textures when far but not close

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
rsbloom44
Experienced

Blurry textures when far but not close

Post by rsbloom44 »

On the walls if I'm far away it's blurry, but as I get closer the detail kicks in, then it leaves the next part up ahead blurry. Does anyone know what option this is in opengl? I remember going through them all at one point and finding an option that just made the textures all detailed. This was some time ago and I really don't want to go through every option so I was hoping someone might know. Sorry for my bad explanation if needed I will take a screen shot. Thanks in advanced.

EDIT: So I was bored and just decided to look for it, seems changing Max Anistropy to 16 fixed it if anyone was wondering.

[Please do not double post, edit your post instead, check the House Rules: http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=149 - Feralidragon]
8. Avoid unnecessary, as well as double- and triple- postings.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: Blurry textures when far but not close

Post by Dr.Flay »

This does not happen with the Direct3D9 renderer.
At least I have been unable to make it blurry by changing the renderer settings.
It is always crisp and clear no matter how far away, even with the filtering set to 8x or even 4x.
But then again the GL renderer is more complete, even though it completely ignores the RAM on my ATI GFX card (I don't know how common this is)