Fixing ping, HELP!

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
ASLY

Fixing ping, HELP!

Post by ASLY »

zp| | - = | C O M B O I N S T A G I B | = - Combogib by http://www.unrealkillers.com IP: 75.102.40.199:7777
I wanna play on this server with 50-80 ping, not 150-200 ping
Anyone tips how to fix my ping?
Here it is a picture, when im on the server
I have 5MB internet, and im dont lagging in other servers
Please, someone help for me! :help:
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Re: Fixing ping, HELP!

Post by Metalfist »

ehm you don't have packetloss. Are you far away from the server? The closer the server is the lower your ping will be.

EDIT:
ok so you're near budapest somewhere?

server is near: Chicago, Illinois, United States

So that's logically that 150 will be your ping, it's normal for that distance.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

You cannot "fix" your ping.
Only because you have 85ms ping on speedtest, it doesn't mean you will get the same worldwide.
Ping is how much time it takes for data to go from A to B (in another words what people call "latency"), and the furthest and the more nodes data has to travel through, the bigger this time, and therefore the bigger the ping, and considering every UT server is in a different location in the world, you will get different pings in each one.

All you can do is to get a better connection if you can (and no, bandwidth doesn't relate to ping, bandwidth and latency are 2 distinct things), or perhaps you can try to go to your UnrealTournament ini, find ConfiguredInternetSpeed, and set it to 25000 to see if it helps, but don't get your hopes up.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I think he doesn't understand fully what a zp server looks and feels like and that's why he thinks his 'lag' is more profound on this server.

There are a couple of issues at work here OP. First off this is a zeroping server, meaning the client gets to decide when hits occur. In theory it's supposed to let people play with pings up to 200-250 and still be competitive. Personally I dislike the code because it causes too many oddities on the server and you just see too many misses that suddenly are hits (or vice versa). Your 150 ping will feel much different on a zp server than it will on a normal DM server and that's probably why you are not happy with it.

Secondly the |uk| clan is getting blasted with hackers lately. They could very well be trying certain filters on players to mitigate the trouble they are having and the side effect is lag for you. Considering your location that very well might be the case. I'd email Scarface and let him know your concerns. He does care and he will answer you.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Its a zero ping server, its the same if you have 20 ping or 300 ping, if you have a very high ping, then all you will really get is, having to wait 6-8 weeks for a hit to kill. :mad2: I also dislike zp, too many bugs, but its better than high ping on a normal server. Try some registry tools can help, but by only tiny amounts at best. i have used leatrick latency fix it seems to help.(again not by much)
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote:Try some registry tools can help, but by only tiny amounts at best. i have used leatrick latency fix it seems to help.(again not by much)
Never used one, but I guess at max you win about 10 or 15ms, which are completely irrelevant values, and you run the risk to screw up the registry. I do not advise.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Feralidragon wrote:
UT Sniper (SJA94) wrote:Try some registry tools can help, but by only tiny amounts at best. i have used leatrick latency fix it seems to help.(again not by much)
Never used one, but I guess at max you win about 10 or 15ms, which are completely irrelevant values, and you run the risk to screw up the registry. I do not advise.
The most it dropped for me when i was on a dial up was about, 5ms, but that can make a difference in some mods. One person told me that it messed up his/her registry, but he/her fixed it, just make a back up before hand. I have tried many things,tools and so on and, leatrick latency fix seemed to be the best i tried, and that was by only a tiny %.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Can try an other dns like google DNS https://developers.google.com/speed/pub ... /?hl=fr-FR

for find the better DNS http://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:after DNS you can optimise TCP http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php
AliveTillFragged
Average
Personal rank: Semi-Noob Mapper

Post by AliveTillFragged »

haha i play at 411 ping at NY server coz im in INDIA. Land of NO SERVERS. and BAD internet connection.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

*NOTE*
Registry and windows tweaks will only help with the connection between the PC and the router, unless you are directly connected (eg a USB broadband modem or old analogue modem).

You would have to change the settings in your router as well, or the optimisations will be cancelled out by the routers own internal config.