3D modelling with 3DStudioMax

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: 3D modelling with 3DStudioMax

Post by papercoffee »

Dr.Flay wrote:Check out "Biturn"
http://mirex.mypage.sk/index.php?selected=1
Wait... can those character models be used for UT?
I would really like to see the Oni enemies running around in my maps.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

re: 3dmax 5

I noticed over at the Bay there is a copy.. floating around..Image

Aye Matey!.Ship Ahoy, Ship Ahoy!
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Wises wrote:re: 3dmax 5

I noticed over at the Bay there is a copy.. floating around..Image Aye Matey!.
We know this already ...But Adobe made a very good move to provide the Creative Suit 2 for free now ...It's meant to be for the customer who did buy it already, officially ...but the real reason is to lure more potential customers to the new products.
When you like CS2 you will eventually buy CS6 later, or you tell your Boss to buy it for the office.

If 3DS Max would provide something similar would it be perfect for us.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

doubt that will ever happen bro.. but yeah who knows.

I actually must re look into Adobe Inventor actually ,
[youtube]DyK065x8x-c[/youtube]
[youtube]OXd1PlGur8M[/youtube]

.. much like Solidworks iirc.
[youtube]DgyrGsAdUPE[/youtube]

for the entrepreneurial type individuals of course.. make moving / working / prototypes in high resolution.. however offtopic of course.

on toppic ;

3DMAX - Youtube Tutorials
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

papercoffee wrote: Wait... can those character models be used for UT?
I would really like to see the Oni enemies running around in my maps.
Oni... Grud that takes me back !
Yes I guess once you can export to something you can use, there is a massive catalogue of stuff.
I wonder how many of the current models came to us this way ?
Damn-it I should post it at UnrealSP and see what the monster factory can spew-forth :ironic:

@Wises, please don't recommend illegal downloads here. We try and keep this site as legit as possible (hence our threads about copyright etc.)
Keep it for PMs.

Damnit we need a list of Open-source/PD alternatives (though sometimes you can find freebies/promos)
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com
http://www.neowin.net/news/have-you-che ... e-list-yet (Good selection of 3D and animation software)
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

Wises wrote:re: 3dmax 5

I noticed over at the Bay there is a copy.. floating around..Image
[youtube]zLGkuG0WWtA[/youtube]
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

:tu: understood.

funny how things of this nature stir much debate and discontent among varying members. Iam sure that most everyone here is of good moral standing and shun such p2p services..
Spoiler
I should be ashamed of even suggesting such services or voyages in this sense.
However note... no direct links and/or Site was posted.. save only a small cryptographic enigma to stun the next naive victim who inadvertently stumbles across this thread and poses the question of.. 'where is this bay ye all speak of..' .. :?:
Spoiler
A-?..... [ship]Bay ;)
luckily not many people know of this secret secluded island .. Shh!.

@ UtPe , Iam sure that everyone here has no such things on their computers and have the highest moral standards throughout all the Earth & Stars above!.
FuckMe! even Angels shall gaze in awe of ye pureness.

oh and before someone goes off on another angellic tagent about language etc.. let us all consider what game we are playing here and the audience it is angled at, or current rating (M)ature?.. it's not 'P-Knuckle' or 'Blues Fkn Clues' for ages 3+ or <15yrs nor is it G or even PG..!
Spoiler
Note: Those of you who are less then 15years old please close this page immediately , and Do-Not! Visit here again until you are at least 15years of age.. also being under the legal age limit for such games of this nature .. we request that you please delete all instances of this game from your HDD and not play it again until your have properly matured, and/or have reached the legally accepted age limit required by law.

Thank You.

UT99.org's Angelic Services Ltd.
in fact after installing Ferali's Gore Mod its closer to R18 by todays standards.

AnyHow WTF carry on, I merely googled a few keywords to find out if there was in fact a copy paid or otherwise on the Web and stumbled across TehBay! HarHar! .. ohh my.. what has happened here.. it appears the water bound suckers have latched on to this one... Heavens Forbid anyone from here be swimming offshore!. o_O
:wtf:

@all ye angels Above & Beyond.
Spoiler
:satan:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

:lol2: Don't be such a drama-queen. I only gave you a gentle reminder about the nature of this site, and then suggested you are free to use PMs.
:thuup: I was aware you did it in a fairly sensible manner, and I think Mr.P was just adding to the fun because of the timing (he literally had just posted the same vid elsewhere).
I think no more or less of someone if they download illegally. I think downloading unwisely is a worse crime.
Much of my time is taken up with fixing peoples virus infested PCs, because they are generally idiots with crappy Torrent programs with no security.

Whether or not we have illegal downloads on our computers is not up for debate. None of us are "pure". This is just not the place. Nothing more than that.

On a personal note I am currently sharing well over 200GB of legal stuff over 5 p2p networks, so you will find that I am probably far more pro-active in my use of file-sharing than anyone here, or anyone you are likely to meet.
Week after week, year after year (for 12 years) I have encouraged people to use good p2p software and learn good safe practices.
So you can point your indignant finger elsewhere :wink:
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

It is/was intended to be a funny post.. yet the more i edited it ehem some 20+ times it sounded less n less funny.. :/
Know what you mean about the virus's also.. noone from should get them though because we don't visit sites like that.. :barf:

Hehe :)
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Want something awesome, free and open-source?
Blender.

That is all.

As for image editing, there's nothing that beats Adobe Photoshop, and I have tried the free alternatives, and they were :barf: (specially, but not limited to, Gimp)
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:and they were :barf: (specially, but not limited to, Gimp)
:agree1:
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

yep been using photoshop for 10 years now, is the best hands down , The Gimp annoys me so much .. must be copyright or something because they changed all the default keys.. for everything , also .. the simple things in PS take forever to replicate in the GIMP./.

Agreed.
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

Feralidragon wrote:Want something awesome, free and open-source?
Blender.
Truly, I'm interested only in something awesome :) free and open-source are only secondary features :lol2:
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)