[UED] Compex Curves

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

[UED] Compex Curves

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

Some time ago RoninMasta asked me to help him out with creation of various curvy brushes, so yeah, here you go - really short and basic tutorial with some picz.

Download PDF =>>>> http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/1374592303_1.41MB.

Hope at least someone will find it helpful :) :loool:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: [UED] Compex Curves

Post by Feralidragon »

Yep, for me it is very usefull, and you explained the stuff very well, very well indeed :tu:

As I am doing a SP Mod, and I will do all maps from scratch, but I never built a good map for SP, only Multiplayer ones for fast game (not very detailed).

That "merging polys" thing, I didn't ever noticed that function existed.

The "semisolid" thing, I always hear that semisolid brushes are a pain on the ass, which concerns to BSP Holes and HOMs, and it's better to use solid ones. But if you say that semisolid brushes are better for curved brushes, I will take your advice :wink:

Good tutorial there :gj:
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

Well, it is true that semisolids can be pain in the *ss sometimes especially if used incorrectly : they must not intercept solid brushes, never EVER! :mad2: :lol2: Failure to do so could result in BSP errors, so yeah, semisolids can be annoying sometimes, just use them properly , thats all. :)

Edit : Hmm, needa update tutorial with info written above, didn't even think of it before...
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

dang, my acrobat reader got screwed :(
*reinstalling acrobat reader*
Hmmp, I was somehow expecting something better.
An by merging surfaces I destroyed a few brushes. I dunno how I did it, but my computer managed to merge 2 surfaces that didn't even have the same angle. In software renderring it got very ugly, but under direct 3d it looked perfect. And the good part was that the 2 surfaces (which became 1) had a shared lightmap. And they had seamless lightning+texturing.
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

Hmm, different angled surfaces never merged for me, apparently you are getting some sort of weird error --- did you edit your curve ( move vertices ) after merging surfaces? Sometimes doing so can result is some weird bsp errors like Endless texture.

Pic would be nice. :)
Myth
Inhuman

Post by Myth »

No pics sorry. I killed the brush after separating the surfaces. I was an unaligned, rotated, semi-solid brush.
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

Oh ok... Did you make that brush by actually following my tut or not? My curves that I made when writing that tut didnt have any errors at all and worked like charm.
Myth
Inhuman

Post by Myth »

Nope, made it somewhere in the distant past.