>>>AUTO TEAM BALANCE QUESTION<<<

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
Higor
Godlike

Re: >>>AUTO TEAM BALANCE QUESTION<<<

Post by Higor »

Qwerty wrote:We have the same issue on our server people will team switch by saying !r !b but if you disable team switching in nexgen it breaks ATB.. you cant win and its annoying. On another note people shouldn't talk when they use mods that show spectators as actual players messing up server ranks, and making people think there are more actual players playing than there really is.
I coded a private tool that allows ATB to safely do it's job with a TeamSwitching Locked NexGen, as well as making 4team games keep working stable with both things.
You may attempt to do it by creating an interface that controls which one (nexgen-ATB) has authority over team assignments at key moments.
- You gotta identify WHEN each balancer requires to do something, and how to detect said moments in code, without adding dependancy.
- Just find both mutators in code and edit their settings accordingly on each of those key moments without breaking anything or changing the user defined settings, in other works keeping the same config over games.
- Research what causes teams to be so fucked up on 4way and fix what's causing it as well.

It's a nice exercise to all active coders out there.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Higor wrote:
Qwerty wrote:We have the same issue on our server people will team switch by saying !r !b but if you disable team switching in nexgen it breaks ATB.. you cant win and its annoying. On another note people shouldn't talk when they use mods that show spectators as actual players messing up server ranks, and making people think there are more actual players playing than there really is.
I coded a private tool that allows ATB to safely do it's job with a TeamSwitching Locked NexGen, as well as making 4team games keep working stable with both things.
You may attempt to do it by creating an interface that controls which one (nexgen-ATB) has authority over team assignments at key moments.
- You gotta identify WHEN each balancer requires to do something, and how to detect said moments in code, without adding dependancy.
- Just find both mutators in code and edit their settings accordingly on each of those key moments without breaking anything or changing the user defined settings, in other works keeping the same config over games.
- Research what causes teams to be so fucked up on 4way and fix what's causing it as well.

It's a nice exercise to all active coders out there.

thanks ill see if our resident coder can figure it out :)
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

You can easily disable Nexgen's build-in teambalancer, by subclassing it and pointing the balancer reference variable in NexgenController to your new class. Inside the new class, redefine the specific function and let it always return false. This way, Nexgen will never rebalance the teams. Sorry but i cannot provide code examples atm, but if you really need them i can get them for you ;)
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
Xerxes
Novice

Post by Xerxes »

Chamberly wrote:
Xerxes wrote:So recently i was playing on a usual grapple server CTF-FACE. Where I noticed someone using auto team switcher.

The game at red 6v3 blue. and everyone on server kept typing !team to balance the team. But this guy kept on switching to red without repeatedly typing !r or !red. I was just wondering how he does it. Is there a way to counter that with auto !t? What do you have to type in console for this. Really need help with this
They aren't using some kind of auto team switcher... or I don't know if anyone using a mod that does that but if they do, it's really spammy I guess.

Switching without !r or !red is keybind magic. They use a keybind or you can use the console to make you go to the team. So either way the player has went to the Nexgen console, and go to the setting page and set up a keybind for moving to red/blue/etc. and the keybind is made. For example, I had mine set up awhile ago and it said: NWClientExit|mutate nsc setteam 0 and NWClientExit|mutate nsc setteam 1. Notice the number indicate the team color.

Or the other way around, using Xconsole, you can set up an alias for it (I think it is built in within the newer version) and type in red to go to red (same as r), same for blue.

Your question could be now answered.
Sorry to grave dig but I haven't played this game in a while. Yes I know about this. I already set that up but whats more interesting is that some people dont spam press the same key to keep changing teams. I put F6 as my auto team balance but everytime I use it on this guy, he always counters it with the same keybind to back to the winning team (he is a sore loser and always switches to winning team and I wont say any names). For example, everytime I press f6. in a split second he goes back to the winning team without any effort. It doesn't look like hes even pressing any buttons. Anyway I can counter this using his technique (if anyone knows how to do it) :???:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

How about a Mutator using existing game functions?
Each time a player swaps teams the glow brighter and get fatter.
Or each time you swap, you lose a weapon, powerup or selectable amount of weapons, powerups.

Also the overall behaviour needs to be dependent on whether the player, the game, or the admin force the change.

If you got in a battle with the admin swapping backwards and forwards, you would soon regret it.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

In CS1.6 is this behavior called WTJ Winner-team joining ...and on 99% of the server is this forbidden.

Well ...what about to make rule out of it and then ban him if he is doing it again.
Anyway ...What the Admin says is law. Warn him the next time when he switches back and ban him if he do it again.
End of drama.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

Perhaps edit ATB (team switching function) and limit number of time's players can !Teams , ! Red's & ! Blues... ...