>>>AUTO TEAM BALANCE QUESTION<<<

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: >>>AUTO TEAM BALANCE QUESTION<<<

Post by EvilGrins »

I asked this question back in 2011, when I first got on here, and I got a bunch of different responses... none of which worked. How to change teams while in-game... although none of them suggested the commands I see at the satart of this thread.

Guess i'll try those.

If the games average between 6 to 8 players there's a simple solution: bots. You place your games, where it says "minimum number of players" at one of those numbers. When someone switches teams making things uneven, a bot pops in to even up the teams.

Most people don't like playing bots online, so most don't know about this. This is an option as old as UT itself.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

proasm made a small standalone mod called utcmds (i think) much like teamswitcher mod.. www.proasm.com
if you install that mutator .. then you can switch teams offline.. also has few xtra cmds for other mods as well.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Wises wrote:proasm made a small standalone mod called utcmds (i think) much like teamswitcher mod.. http://www.proasm.com
if you install that mutator .. then you can switch teams offline.. also has few xtra cmds for other mods as well.
But the problem with this one is I haven't tested it using a keybind that do not use say command on this one. The one that I mentioned only work in Nexgen. This mod is for server that don't use nexgen as a quicker way to switch... or just make a keybind to say !red or so.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

for servers with Pure (including Newnet) which is most.. you can type into console 'ChangeTeam 0' or 'ChangeTeam 1'

therefore 'set input r ChangeTeam 0' , 'set input b ChangeTeam 1' could be appropriate for this instance?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:easy for pure this change for go to the other team and you say to I swich team
=Nextteam|Say I swich team

for info under assault
=EAVYASSAULTPLUS|SAY I SWICH TEAM
Xerxes
Novice

Post by Xerxes »

OP here

I was only asking a simply question. All i want to know whether or not if its a keybind or console related command

Either way, would anyone here be kind enough to share the commands? i would really appreciate it.

Just like with !r, !t, or !b I want to know how to switch to a team without repeatedly typing these commands. I know its possible, I have seen people do it but they dont understand english well and can't tell me how to do it. Thanks
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

know what ure saying , will have to put that in the too-hard basket.. soz.
Xerxes
Novice

Post by Xerxes »

Its reallly not that hard. its a simple keybind command. even the really bad players know how to do it which surprises me. I need to know the command how to auto !r or !b and stay in that team for the rest of the game without noobs messing with the team system. Its not a download, thats all I know
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Xerxes wrote:Its reallly not that hard. its a simple keybind command. even the really bad players know how to do it which surprises me. I need to know the command how to auto !r or !b and stay in that team for the rest of the game without noobs messing with the team system. Its not a download, thats all I know
Is this key-bind supposed to switch you directly into the other team ...without respawning?
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Xerxes wrote:Its reallly not that hard. its a simple keybind command. even the really bad players know how to do it which surprises me. I need to know the command how to auto !r or !b and stay in that team for the rest of the game without noobs messing with the team system. Its not a download, thats all I know
I've answered it a few times. Please check or explain more in situation with certain controller for those team management.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

$carface wrote:
Qwerty wrote:We have the same issue on our server people will team switch by saying !r !b but if you disable team switching in nexgen it breaks ATB.. you cant win and its annoying. On another note people shouldn't talk when they use mods that show spectators as actual players messing up server ranks, and making people think there are more actual players playing than there really is.

Lol look who the cat dragged in. Crashing any servers lately????

Just for your information, since you are mentally challenged at how to create mods or how they work, none of the specs show up on gametracker. Hence have no affect on the server's ranking. The specs are listed on ubrowser only, for my own reasons which I don't need to justify to you. Don't talk indirectly about me or address me as people. I'm one person.

PS, stop eyeing my server, hater.

If I'm so mentally challenged how did I crash servers? Anyway I wasn't referring to you, but yes now that you mention it your "one of" many servers using a mod that shows specs as in game players. I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm just saying.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@ Qwerty ...are you blind or can't you read? Or even worse, do you ignore this Warning?!
Feralidragon wrote:Guys, do I have to pull out my hammer or what? It's starting to get annoying seeing the same kind of situation over and over again.
The OP made a very simple honest question, why are you guys attempting to stir things up once again?
If you want to stir things up against someone or between yourselves, please do so in your forums or use the PM system.

It's a new year, and hopefully this one will be better than the last, so play nicely as long as you're here.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

@xerexes..

follow these steps carefully...

1. pick a <key> on your keyboard from (a-z) or if you like (arrow keys)

2. press the ~ (tilde) key to open your ut console.. (black DOS like screen)

3. type the following line into the console and press [enter];

(assumes that you are using the {Right Arrow Key} for the bind);

set input right NextTeam

^ that bind will work on most servers.. remember to press [enter] after the cmd.

you can also ... like medor shows above combine this command with other cmds.. like 'say'

these cmds are separated by the (pipe) symbol which looks like this "|"

for example shown by Medor (above);

set input <key> NextTeam|say Iam swithing teams - laterz.

<key> can be any key 'just about' ...

to find the value or cmd sequence assigned to an existing key.. you can use;

get input <key>

^ try with the 'function keys' or the 'm' key which is usually bound to open MapVote.

ie; get input f1 , get input f2 , etc.. , get input m

Xerxes
Novice

Post by Xerxes »

Didn't work. Could you give me a quoted example. Like "!red or !blue" but in what you just said
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Chamberly wrote:NWClientExit|mutate nsc setteam 0 and NWClientExit|mutate nsc setteam 1. Notice the number indicate the team color.

Or the other way around, using Xconsole, you can set up an alias for it (I think it is built in within the newer version) and type in red to go to red (same as r), same for blue.

Your question could be now answered.
Did you even try this?

Or just put in a keybind:
say !red

to set it up via console:
set input KEY say !red