>>>AUTO TEAM BALANCE QUESTION<<<

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
Xerxes
Novice

>>>AUTO TEAM BALANCE QUESTION<<<

Post by Xerxes »

So recently i was playing on a usual grapple server CTF-FACE. Where I noticed someone using auto team switcher.

The game at red 6v3 blue. and everyone on server kept typing !team to balance the team. But this guy kept on switching to red without repeatedly typing !r or !red. I was just wondering how he does it. Is there a way to counter that with auto !t? What do you have to type in console for this. Really need help with this
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: >>>AUTO TEAM BALANCE QUESTION<<<

Post by papercoffee »

Two topics with the same content are unnecessary.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

I'd like to help you but I don't think I will. Why you feel the need to make it seem like these lame servers with fake traffic aren't yours :???:
Xerxes
Novice

Post by Xerxes »

I dont what you mean by fake traffic. all I want to know is how to command auto team switch. Nothing more
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Xerxes wrote:So recently i was playing on a usual grapple server CTF-FACE. Where I noticed someone using auto team switcher.

The game at red 6v3 blue. and everyone on server kept typing !team to balance the team. But this guy kept on switching to red without repeatedly typing !r or !red. I was just wondering how he does it. Is there a way to counter that with auto !t? What do you have to type in console for this. Really need help with this
They aren't using some kind of auto team switcher... or I don't know if anyone using a mod that does that but if they do, it's really spammy I guess.

Switching without !r or !red is keybind magic. They use a keybind or you can use the console to make you go to the team. So either way the player has went to the Nexgen console, and go to the setting page and set up a keybind for moving to red/blue/etc. and the keybind is made. For example, I had mine set up awhile ago and it said: NWClientExit|mutate nsc setteam 0 and NWClientExit|mutate nsc setteam 1. Notice the number indicate the team color.

Or the other way around, using Xconsole, you can set up an alias for it (I think it is built in within the newer version) and type in red to go to red (same as r), same for blue.

Your question could be now answered.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Only one question ...is this "someone" changing teams without dieing and respawn?
Example: you see an teammate (blue) in front of you and you think "what is he doing in front of the flag?", he changes team (red) instantly, kills you and grab the flag?
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

We have the same issue on our server people will team switch by saying !r !b but if you disable team switching in nexgen it breaks ATB.. you cant win and its annoying. On another note people shouldn't talk when they use mods that show spectators as actual players messing up server ranks, and making people think there are more actual players playing than there really is.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Qwerty wrote:We have the same issue on our server people will team switch by saying !r !b but if you disable team switching in nexgen it breaks ATB.. you cant win and its annoying. On another note people shouldn't talk when they use mods that show spectators as actual players messing up server ranks, and making people think there are more actual players playing than there really is.

Lol look who the cat dragged in. Crashing any servers lately????

Just for your information, since you are mentally challenged at how to create mods or how they work, none of the specs show up on gametracker. Hence have no affect on the server's ranking. The specs are listed on ubrowser only, for my own reasons which I don't need to justify to you. Don't talk indirectly about me or address me as people. I'm one person.

PS, stop eyeing my server, hater.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Guys, do I have to pull out my hammer or what? It's starting to get annoying seeing the same kind of situation over and over again.
The OP made a very simple honest question, why are you guys attempting to stir things up once again?
If you want to stir things up against someone or between yourselves, please do so in your forums or use the PM system.

It's a new year, and hopefully this one will be better than the last, so play nicely as long as you're here.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

papercoffee wrote:Only one question ...is this "someone" changing teams without dieing and respawn?
Example: you see an teammate (blue) in front of you and you think "what is he doing in front of the flag?", he changes team (red) instantly, kills you and grab the flag?
Well, when you switch team, you do die so you can respawn as the other color you went for.
For example: I'm on blue team. I switch to red, I die, then I can respawn as red player.

But, sometimes in Bunny track games, some peoples just don't respawn and just switch r/b really fast randomly (they are bored or trying to be funny/annoying) or just to watch players on both team (when you can do it via spectator, but oh well.) as if they do that, here is an another example: I'm on red, so I'm gonna switch to blue. I didn't respawn yet, and switching to red don't give me another suicide/death #.

I only know such server I've visited on always require death upon changing team (except DM) to prevent such cheap kill/caps/score stuff.
It is mandatory that the player die before switching to the other team as well.
I never seen a server that don't let you die if you switch team. :loool:

Edit: Except bunnytrack game where if you die, your death won't count up for the number... or some settings in nexgen. To prevent someone who is trying to be "lame" or else.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Chamberly wrote:
papercoffee wrote:Only one question ...is this "someone" changing teams without dieing and respawn?
Well, when you switch team, you do die so you can respawn as the other color you went for.
For example: I'm on blue team. I switch to red, I die, then I can respawn as red player.

But, sometimes in Bunny track games, some peoples just don't respawn and just switch r/b really fast randomly (they are bored or trying to be funny/annoying) or just to watch players on both team (when you can do it via spectator, but oh well.) as if they do that, here is an another example: I'm on red, so I'm gonna switch to blue. I didn't respawn yet, and switching to red don't give me another suicide/death #.

I only know such server I've visited on always require death upon changing team (except DM) to prevent such cheap kill/caps/score stuff.

Edit: Except bunnytrack game where if you die, your death won't count up for the number... or some settings in nexgen. To prevent someone who is trying to be "lame" or else.
I wrote this because I notice this on a server ...I think it was a Face only server with rocket-arena and no transloc and no team-damage ...one guy switched to our team on half the way to our base. then short before the flag did he switch back to the other team killed many and got away with the flag.
The other team didn't care for the cheater ... cheap stats-whores.
I'm sorry ... scoreboard-prostitutes.
Wait ...point-hogger ... :| (is this still English?)
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

papercoffee wrote:
Chamberly wrote:

I wrote this because I notice this on a server ...I think it was a Face only server with rocket-arena and no transloc and no team-damage ...one guy switched to our team on half the way to our base. then short before the flag did he switch back to the other team killed many and got away with the flag.
The other team didn't care for the cheater ... cheap stats-whores.
I'm sorry ... scoreboard-prostitutes.
Wait ...point-hogger ... :| (is this still English?)
Strange, but I guess it's how the server admin set it up to be as it is. Indeed, some peoples just care too much for stats, some just try to cheat on the stats system.
(Yes.)
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

doesnt ATB have a bazillion settings ?.. AutoTeamBalance.ini?
i can't remeber if it has the ability to dissable client side switching whilst stil allowing the server to balance teams accordingly. surely it does.

i read years ago about this.. and for memory Noggy stated that even if players switched teams purposefully the server would re-equate the stats and auto-switch that player back to the correct team.

perhaps these servers could build a small mod which disables the use of (red/blue/etc) after xx min's of the game beginning.. i think there is even functionality for setting up fixrd teams .. not sure.

also note that ATB's sources are available at UA.org and anyone is well to add.remove.change anything.. adding even "The Kitchen Sink' IIRC.

;)
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

heres some relevant settings for these problems;

AutoTeamBalance.ini

Code: Select all

bEnablePlayerCommands=True
bForceEvenTeams=True
bLetPlayersRebalance=True
MinRequestsForRebalance=2
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

It is possible to bind teamchanging to a key iirc, thats probably the reason why he's able to do it so fast. Usually, the autoteambalancer should - if set up right - prevent such stupid team changing. However, there are still a couple of situations where it fails to do so. Report the player to the admins, they will most likely take care of him.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub