>> MOUSE LAG HELP <<

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
Xerxes
Novice

>> MOUSE LAG HELP <<

Post by Xerxes »

Title says it all. I reinstalled UT99 on my new laptop. But when I use the mouse, it seems to be abit delayed by a second. It feels sloppy, it effects the aiming and I am not sure what to do. Also, I can't find the UT folders anywhere. It only shows up with "ATARIUNREALTOURNAMENT.sw" and cant open the file.

The main issue is the mouse lag problem. anyone know how I can fix this? :(
rsbloom44
Experienced

Re: >> MOUSE LAG HELP <<

Post by rsbloom44 »

have you tried turning enhance pointer precision off in windows? try direct input on/off
try turning hpet off in bios, try turning power saving features off in windows/bios aswell
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:ATARIUNREALTOURNAMENT.sw ?
maximdymok
Experienced

Post by maximdymok »

You're most likely using the wrong renderer, but first you need to find your UT folder. Right click on the shortcut you use to run UT and click Properties. In Location it should give you the path to your folder. After that go to http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/ and download latest D3D9 renderer, following the installation instructions.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

What UT version do you have? The steam version?
Xerxes
Novice

Post by Xerxes »

Well I'll admit im using a pirated version 436. Which is probably why I can't access the folder. But this problem didn't happen with my old computer. I used directX in this laptop so thats probably why this is happening. where as on my old computer I was running it on OpenGL. All I need now is a way to change that setting but I dont know how :(
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I think these guys are jumping the gun a little. You tried turning mouse smoothing off? What is mouse smoothing? a retarded setting meant for very old mouses where whatever number you have in the mouse sensitivity field doesn't matter because it goes up and down every single time you move the mouse
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Xerxes wrote:Well I'll admit im using a pirated version 436. Which is probably why I can't access the folder. But this problem didn't happen with my old computer. I used directX in this laptop so thats probably why this is happening. where as on my old computer I was running it on OpenGL. All I need now is a way to change that setting but I dont know how :(
Go to your unrealtournament.ini, change these line:
From: GameRenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice (I assume it is something like this.)
example of mine:
To: GameRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice (These are the default choice.)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Xerxes wrote:Well I'll admit im using a pirated version 436. Which is probably why I can't access the folder.
Then get from somewhere else a better version... :wth: 10 Bugs at http://www.gog.com
Xerxes
Novice

Post by Xerxes »

Fixed it. All i had to do was switch from DirectX to Software. It works like a charm. Managed to get more rampages due to having better aim response.

Now a new problem. Can somebody tell me why I cant use !open command on any servers? I usually play on nexgen and even the server itself encourages players to open the menu using that command. Everytime I try and open it always says its not valid
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:!open is not the command. say !open or mutate opencrp if i remember correcly. or type it in the say box as you were. It is made even more confusing for you that when others type it the text itself is hidden from other players, but imagine how annoying it would be otherwise
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

papercoffee wrote:What UT version do you have? The steam version?
OFF:
Only I think, since available UT on Steam more people playing with UT?
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Xerxes wrote:Well I'll admit im using a pirated version 436.
Ok....good luck and bye.